16 of 19 people found the following review helpful
Double faults all round with this stinker,
This review is from: Perfect Ace 2 (PS2) (Video Game)
I think it's very fitting that 'Tiger Tim' is on the cover of this awful game, as they both fail to live up to expectation.
I bought Perfect Ace 2 and sold it two days later. Why? well:
1) The commentary is absolutely terrible. The woman sounds like she's having an orgasm at one point and there is nothing of any merit in the rest of the commentary. I thought video games have evolved since 1988. This game proves otherwise.
2) You have to press the relevant shot buttons about 5 minutes before you want to make the actual stroke. It's infuriating to say the least.
3) Every camera angle is designed to dis-orientate. I found myself having to change the angle every once in a while just to be able to get near the ball.
4) The player movement is sluggish and it's 50/50 as to whether you'll actually reach the ball, let alone hit it.
5) Apparently there is a wealth of 'licensed players' on offer. Maybe they got 'licensed players' from the Surrey Tennis Club because the only player I knew was 'Tiny', sorry 'Tiger Tim'. No sign of Federer, Roddick, Williams or anyone half decent.
I'm sure there are many other faults in this game but I simply did not want to play it anymore to find out.
PLEASE IGNORE THE PERSON WHO GAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW. THIS GAME REALLY IS ONE OF THE WORST TENNIS SIMS!!!!! whoever wrote the good review must have been the programmer.
Anyways, I now own Smash Court Tennis and, although that has one or two minor flaws, it is a million times better than the terrible Perfect Ace 2. Virtua Tennis is also worth checking out
The only thing I can recommend about this 'game' is that you keep the reciept and take it back for a refund. Avoid at ALL cost!