5.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Topstar 71450BB0E Sitness 5 Sitting Alternative Chair - Black (Office Product)
First of all I want to disclose that I purchased this product from Overstock, not from Amazon. I also made a video on YouTube where I said that I purchased the product from Amazon (which is not true) because on Amazon you can easily return stuff and you can also find reviews, so I tend to tell everyone that everything I buy comes from here just because it is reputable and safe, you never know how that store you found it cheaper will behave the next week and I'm not ready to recommend a business that I haven't used for years so if you find my video and hear me saying that I got it from Amazon, that's the reason.

Okay, having disclosed those things let's move on to the stool: it is good. I have a topstar chair and have used it for about two years and the mesh, seat and back have not deformed. Having previously used a horrible IKEA chair which gave me coccyx inflammation due to its horribly thin foam seat, I learned my lesson and stopped buying cheap stuff which could later give me lifelong health problems. I mean once you had pain in your back you'll know what I'm talking about.

I would not recommend this product for extended sitting times although it is comfortable. You can just release some of the air to make it softer. Due to its lack of back rest you are kind of forced to sit correctly with your back straight, which to me is a good thing, however not everyone will like that. In all fairness it is not marketed for extended sitting so what I said is just an observation.

Another review mentioned something about being perfect for creative work, I totally agree with that. Maybe put some around a table and brainstorm with others in an informal way. I think that this product would work well in homes or businesses, the black colour always looks smart anywhere. The chrome feet have a rubberised base so it will not scratch floors.

The pump that you use to inflate the rubber ball is good and won't break on the third stroke, it also filled it relatively quickly.

I like this brand, it's the second product I purchase from them and so far it's good. You CAN find this cheaper but there's no guarantee that it won't be a fake or if the store will honour warranties just in case something goes wrong. I'd personally buy from Amazon but if you want to risk it, you can find it cheaper. I bought from Overstock and it was fine but that was my first purchase with that business so I don't know if there is any influence on their reliability.

I honestly cannot fault this and find flaws, you know that you're buying a stool and not a chair so if you want something compact and comfortable for sitting for not too long this will be perfect.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]