9 of 10 people found the following review helpful
Not as good as Biologic make it out to be,
This review is from: Dahon Biologic iPhone 4 bike mount (Toy)
I purchased this product about 2 months ago, and I have used it at least 3 times every week since and I have covered more than 1000 miles with it. The construction of the product appeared to be good, but after a little use, I have noticed some problems with it.
The first of which I noticed that although the iphone 4 fits snugly, once I had closed and secured the lid, I did notice that where the gap between the top and bottom is where the silicon inlay/seal should, but was actually further inside than it should have been. Since then if the weather had looked as though there might have been some rain, I would always check the seal, and on occasion, I would be able to see a small amount of the silver edge of the phone and I would adjust the silicon inlay accordingly.
Another problem I found was with the screen, because it has a gloss finish, if reflects a lot of light and shadows which can make it difficult to read the screen at times. I do have a matt finish screem protector on my actual phone to reduce reflections, but because this is placed inside of the mount, the gloss screen cancels this out.
The next problem I encountered was that the mechanism used to attached the phone mount to the handle bar bracket wasn't too secure. On one occasion whilst cycling along a very rough road surface, I heared something bouncing on the road, I looked down and I saw the bike mount, along with my iphone was not where it should have been. I quickly stopped and retrieved it to find that the phone had been suitable protected from the impact. Since this incident I have always ensured that the mount has clipped in correctly, but this week it failed again. Unfortunatly, there was traffic and it had bounced into the centre of the road where a car ran over it. The case mostly survived, but it destroyed my iphone.
The final problem I encountered was after about 5 weeks use, I attempted to clean the transparency due to finger prints etc., and I did'nt notice immediatly, but the little rubber button fell off. I easily found it and stuck it back onto the adhesive that was still there. Some weeks later, the same thing happened again, but I was unable to find the rubber button, so I ended up just using the adhesive spot, which obviosuly became less adhesive after continued use.