3.0 out of 5 stars sticky issue, 9 Aug 2009
This review is from: Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan (Kitchen & Home)
I love the novelty shape this tin gives, it was perfect for topping a three teir stand of cup cakes, however, I've used it three times now and no matter how carefully I grease and flour the tin I have had real difficulty getting the base side of the cake out. I also find the top half of the cake cooks quicker than the bottom so next time I shall only fill one half and cook individually.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Nov 2009 16:36:57 GMT
Joliet68 says:
Put a circle of greaseproof paper on the bottom of the base side of the tin and grease the sides liberally with butter/marge. I even do this with my usual cakes and have no problems.

Posted on 18 Mar 2010 09:59:37 GMT
J. Pirie says:
I'm just gearing up to order this for my first use in honour of a friend's birthday. What a useful tip! I'll try it this way and, hopefully, will have the desired result first time.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2011 09:34:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Sep 2011 09:36:17 BDT
dido says:
Yes Joliet I too do this with my usual cakes, I am thinking of getting this cake tin for grandkids birthday cakes a little nervous as it is a bit expensive and would prefer the tin to the plastic so perhaps Amazon Queen is right to just cook each half separately.

Posted on 17 Sep 2011 09:35:36 BDT
dido says:
Amazon Queen has it worked with cooking half at a time.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 11:34:48 BDT
dougal says:
I read somewhere to use the same amount of cups of batter in each, so if you use 3 cups for base use 3 cups for top. Having the same amount of batter should mean they bake the same I expect. I haven't tried this as yet so not sure if this works.

Posted on 25 Mar 2013 10:03:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Mar 2013 10:04:24 GMT
J. Spennewyn says:
Never had a problem with it! & what a waste of energy to merely cook 1/2 at a time, that will add considerable time & expense if used just on it's own.

Have you used the wilton spray? ..it's nigh on infallible, & bearing in mind this is a non stick coated pan I can only guess as to what is going wrong for you.

We use a regular fan oven, strip it out of all unnecessary bits & bobs, including removing our pizza stone, & we rotate the cake in it's mould carefully whilst testing it along the way for even bake.

made around 9 of these with our wilton tin & never had to doa re-make, convection is just that, .. air that moves, ..therefore if heat is being blown around unevenly (ie into a crevice of the mould) which MIGHT result in a slight superheating, thus the rotation to allow proper even circulation, this is 2 joined tins in essences so needs extra attention paying to the way it sits & absorbs warmth as part of the process.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (61 customer reviews)

31.99 18.80