5.0 out of 5 stars The best on the market, 11 July 2011
This review is from: WeeRide Classic Front Mounted Children's Safest Bike Seat, Ages 1-4 (Sports)
My lad is 18months old and tall for his age. He fits in the seat with no problem, all though I already have the footrests lowered as far as they can be I have no doubt at all that he will still fit it in 2 1/2 years time. The straps, although a tad fiddly, also fit him without issue and again (Due to the length provided) will see him through until 4yrs old. If you are saying the straps are not long enough you are either doing it wrong or have one hell of a big child.

Fitting the Bar isnt complicated but a tad fiddly again, My particular bike has a wide neck at the handlebars and where the neck goes thin is actually the turning part. I have attached it to this part and whilst it does tighten the steering if you do not tighten it up too much at the front it seems to work ok. It's not come off mid ride and doesnt need to be able to support a full grown African Elephant now does it!

The seat itself is a bit Placcy BUT!! if it wasnt like this it would be a big clunky, heavy seat which would kind of defeat the object. Its well made and perfect for the job. Someone mentioned riding with knees out!! Well slightly, I have the seat as far foward as it goes at the moment and sure my knees are slightly out...... so what! It's a minor adjustment to my riding style and lets be honest putting up with that is far better than using a backmounted seat.

To Finish, my lad absolutely loves going out on this (to the point I am stupidly fit now) and I am always getting remarks about it from other parents or jealous looks from those with back seats. I saw some poor child the other day in a back seat and her mother had a damn rucksack on....I felt so sorry for the kid I stopped the mother and told her to get one!!

UPDATE - My boy is now 3years and 3months. Quite tall for his age but slim, and still fits in the seat with problem. There is plenty of adjustment left in the Straps so if your child is well filled out there still shouldnt be a problem.

UPDATE 2 - Well, back again, he's now just over 3 and half and still fits in the Weeride with no issues. The straps still have plenty to give (he is rather slim) my only concern is the footwells, I'll elaborate - He's had them set at the lowest setting since he was 18months but a recent spurt (seems to be ongoing) means his knees are closing in on his ears lol so it looks a lot less comfortable for him (he doesnt seem to mind though). It should just just about last up to the four year mark but that may mean removing the headrest to accommodate his rather long legs, something I'd rather not do.

The seat and Bar themselves. Seat in mint condition, the structure is still solid and all parts working (it really is very well made!). The fitting bar, all fine. Some slight rusting on the nuts (thats what you get for leaving it outside for a few days!) but otherwise its stood the test of time.

Only negative is, over time I haste to add, the seat is slightly less stable. When tightened it used to sit rock solid but it has now, I believe, slightly stretched/bent the hard plastic of the seat and it does have a slight wobble, It's still perfectly safe! Just an observation that may be something to think about If you're thinking of passing this on to a family member or friend once you've finished with it.

FINAL UPDATE - Well the lad is finally 4 in three weeks time. He still fits the seat and, bar the slight wobble already mentioned above and the rusty nuts, its still in mint condition. The straps have weathered the test of time nicely and still have alot of space left should he have been even taller or more well built (He's very slim but around the 98th Percentile for height now... so he's as tall as an average 5yr old!)and the cushion/padding on the seat hasnt faded or worn away.
I must say this has to be the best product I think I've ever bought (sorry PS3, I do love you but WeeRide have played a blinder), its lasted the four years as promised, is still in fantastic condition and has provided years of bonding and fun for me and my son, if he'd had to spend all this time staring at my back I doubt either of us wouldve enjoyed this time anywhere near as much.
I would happily recommend this product to any parent, I'll be sad to see it go :(

[Add comment]