4.0 out of 5 stars Godox power pack, 23 April 2013
This review is from: CPU control circuit high-quality Godox External Flash Power Battery Pack for Canon 580EX2, Nikon SB900, Sony HVL-F58AM, Olympus FL-50R, Metz, Nissin, Quantum, Black, UK (Electronics)
The item arrived really quickly, so kudos to the seller for service. The pack is as described and seems to hold its charge well. It's amazing value for money, so I'm hoping it lasts a decent amount of time.

The battery level display is clear and it's good that it comes with an in-car charger. The strap is a nice touch too because you can use it to hang the pack on a stand when using off-camera flash and radio triggers.

This unit weighs very little and is easily slipped into a camera bag. In the product photos the on/off button is chrome, while mine is black but it is metal, which is reassuring. The case seems well put-together.

Why only four stars? Well in use I found that if I took a few consecutive frames I found the flash would fire, but badly under-expose. You can't always do the kind of burst rate you might expect from say a Quantum, but this could be partly because my flash is rather old too. I'll be upgrading soon and hope the pack works more effectively then. In the meantime I get the impression that the circuitry from this pack slightly confuses my flash because I don't get the same problem if I just use rechargeables.

I still highly rate this pack and it's so much less expensive than a Quantum. I bought the black one, but when I get back up to having two modern flash units, I might treat myself to a green one. It looks cool ;)

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]