5.0 out of 5 stars Will suck your carpet dry - in a good way!, 24 May 2011
This review is from: Bissell Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth-Friendly Deep Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased the spot washer that has the hose and attachment as this one does. I have already reviewed the item I bought and am happier with it that I could possibly imagine. I just wanted to say, this really will suck very hard and the jet spray is very efficient. Filling and emptying these machines is so easy and I wouldn't be without mine now. I know I have the spot wash part on mine too, but I really wouldn't be without the hose attachment. I've had this sort of machine before and it's not sucked anything up or been as easy to use. You wont be disappointed with the power. You don't have to use the solution provided either. If it's a minor stain or it needs a different kind of cleaner that you prefer, it will work fine. I spray my stains with a general carpet cleaning spray and then use the cleaner to rinse it off. As long as the product isn't too foamy, you'll be ok. None I've tried have caused a problem.

Please read my review on the Bissel spot washer if you want so read about it in more detail.

UPDATE...15th July 2012:
Since buying my machine, I have never used the products Bissell recommend. I have only used products I know will not harm or bleach my carpets. I'm fairly old and not that inclined to be told what I can and can't use on my own carpets in a machine I have paid for out of my own money. Still...now...this machine is in great working order and we use it ALL THE TIME! It's very easy to work out which products do not foam. It's like knowing not to put washing-up liquid in your washing machine to avoid Frank Spencer type accidents.

To be honest...if it went wrong, I'd be happy to buy a new one straight away and immediately bin the tiny samples of carpet cleaner that come with it. I use any clear anti-bacterial spray that does not foam at all to spray the problem areas...then just suck it all up with clean water. You can always spray with a fabric freshener of your choice after...like we do. In short, I don't care about the warranty.

Quite frankly, I think threatening customers with the worry of an invalid warranty is more likely to ward off new buyers than attract them. This machine is incredibly effective and it's a shame Bissell, and similar manufacturers, don't realize it's in their best interests to recommend a good, basic, antibacterial or cleansing spray that is readily available, rather than whine on about how terrible it would be to even look at another product while using their machines. Washing machine manufacturers do it.

As I said...still using the machine and still very happy, but potential customers like you, Mark, will be put off time and time again. What a shame. Bissell will probably send someone round to duff me up now...and, if they do, I'll buy a Karcher too!...if I can still walk.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Dec 2011 16:11:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Dec 2011 16:11:56 GMT
Lola's Dad says:
We're glad that you've enjoyed your Little Green Machine and found that it performs well. We do need to comment that use of any cleaning formula other than the recommended BISSELL formula could possibly invalidate your warranty. One of the reasons is hinted at in the review above. Any product that foams up will increase the amount of work the motor and pump are doing and could potentially lead to overheating issues. Additionally, some carpet cleaning formulas contain high levels of acidic cleaners similar to vinegar or lemon juice. The seals on the Little Green Machine were not designed to cope with such harsh chemicals and this could lead to failures.

Phil from BISSELL UK

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 19:14:47 BDT
Mark says:
That might be a dealbreaker for me as the Bissell shampoo is expensive. I already have a Karcher but was looking for something more compact due to regular pet accidents (one of cats with health probems) my Karcher happily works with any shampoo.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 19:45:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jul 2012 19:48:38 BDT
M Belle says:
Update...since buying my machine, I have never used the products Bissell recommend. I have only used products I know will not harm or bleach my carpets. I'm fairly old and not that inclined to be told what I can and can't use on my own carpets in a machine I have paid for out of my own money. Still...now...this machine is in great working order and we use it ALL THE TIME! It's very easy to work out which products do not foam. It's like knowing not to put washing-up liquid in your washing machine to avoid Frank Spencer type accidents.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Feb 2014 17:04:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Feb 2014 17:04:39 GMT
Mark Twain says:
They are all the same these days, companies. I would buy one of these anyway, in fact I might buy this if it comes back in to stock or I can find it somewhere else for a decent price. And I will just put whatever I want in. Warranties rarely save me anyway, they always expire a year or two before stuff packs in. But that's fine, if I can find this for a good price.

Thanks for all your reviews by the way, great help.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2014 14:42:34 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2014 09:40:18 BDT
holly says:
The thing is Phil, Scotchguard has been identified as a health risk (many issues including cancer) and that fact alone would put me off using Bissell products to clean. All very well for Bissell to tout their "green" credentials, but they don't really stand up to scrutiny do they?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2014 11:05:49 BDT
Thank you Holly for raising this important and interesting issue. I have been looking at new sofas recently and discovered that Scotchguard has in fact been withdrawn from use in British upholstery, mainly for issues with asthma but perhaps there are also cancer risks. Carpets probably don't present the same risk as a sofa you may well lie on, but nevertheless the chemicals will go into the air inside your home as the shampooed carpet dries. They are using new stain resistant chemicals now on sofas and who knows what may be discovered about these in the future? Bissell is an American company and the regulations may be different, but it seems it's time the company addressed the issue. In the meantime they do sell many products without Scotchguard so many people may prefer these. My advice would be to use all cleaning chemicals to the minimum and open your windows for fresh air as often as possible (in wet or cold weather a dehumidifier or extractor fan would help). After all British asthma charities state that there are more pollutants and allergens in the air inside of our homes than outside!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2014 13:24:33 BDT
holly says:
Hi
I posted this comment because I find Bissells hypocrisy pretty staggering. They will know perfectly well that the PFBs which replaced the (now banned) petrochemicals used previously present huge potential hazards to human health (search scotchguards and pfbs). Personally I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›