5.0 out of 5 stars xl2370 is superb., 15 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Samsung XL2370 23 inch 2ms HDMI LED-slim Monitor (Glossy Black) (Personal Computers)
I bought this item early 2011 and I am exceedingly pleased with the monitor.

After an excessive amount of research, looking at different performance reviews done professionally and looking at personal user reviews I came to the conclusion that this was the best monitor for me.

Firstly, it really is unbelievably thin and a really attractive monitor - possibly the most at the moment. This was important to me and I am very pleased.

Secondly, I use this monitor with a HP Envy 14 Beats Edition laptop, via HDMI - HDMI. At first the picture was not the correct size and needed to be up-scaled using the graphics controller(ATI) which was much easier than it sounds. It is now perfect, running full 1080p HD 1920x1080 resolution. Initially, I wanted to buy as big a monitor as possible, looking at 27" monitors to replace my old p2370. However, after looking I discovered that most monitors do not have more pixels for their size meaning that the quality of display just gets worse as it gets bigger. I opted to stay small for highest quality (not that 23" is really at all small)

Thirdly, I am a graphics designer and use this monitor for photoshop work - it is perfect. The colours are super bright, the contrast is great and the colours look life like. Some say simply changing the gamma to setting 2 makes a further improvement. The xl2370 has a MUCH brighter screen than the P2370 and the colours and contrast look better. I read elsewhere that the xl2370 was a disappointment compared to the p2370, but this is false. I have both monitors and have compared side by side, due to the LED back light, the xl2370 is in a different league.

Fourthly, I use the screen for watching films, from my laptop. It is VERY good, again much better than the p2370. The exceedingly low response rate, 2ms means there is basically no image ghosting and makes panning shots look great. I use the screen for gaming too; xbox 360. I have tried both analogue and HDMI inputs and both are excellent. I play COD and the frame rate is perfect, with no blurring when turning or fast paced action..

Overall, I am writing this review as I had a great deal of trouble deciding what monitor to go for. The xl2370 is an astonishing monitor and I would highly recommend it. The px2370 was another option, but I felt the reviews suggested the xl2370 was better and cheaper. Also, the xl2370 looks better.

When I bought this, Amazon failed to provide me with a UK 3 Pin AC adaptor - so I emailed them and they said buy one and we will refund it. So I have done, now have it and have been refunded... Not really worth complaining about.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]