5.0 out of 5 stars BREADMAKER A WINNER FOR ME..!, 3 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Panasonic SD-257WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program (Kitchen & Home)
First of all I must say, this is the first Bread Maker I have ever owned. I have been toying with the idea for quite sometime now but, as with everything else these days there's too much choice and you end up wondering what to do for the best, so the idea just gets shelved along with all the other stuff you thought of buying at one time or another.

Fortunately there are many good people all over the internet to help you go some way in deciding the best choice from their personnel experiences, and this was certainly the case for me.

After trawling the internet for some time I came to the conclusion that any of the Panasonic range of bread makers seem to be getting all the best reviews so, after reading and watching various videos and presentations of the Panasonic SD-257 I decided to buy one from Amazon as recommended, and I can say it was one of the best things I have bought in recent years. I really like fresh bread but don't want the hassle of making my own bread from scratch.

The Reason for wanting a Bread Maker now, is this. My wife is getting sick of going to our local supermarket and other shops only to find that all the bread is at least 2 days old, then having to argue with the staff to put out the fresh bread that they have stored in the back.

I like brown bread, but my wife prefers white, this is not a problem but it does create a lot of waste. Now our children have both left home we no longer have a big demand for bread anymore so that's what made me think why not just make fresh bread when you want bread Brilliant.

After just 2 days it arrived at 09:10am and by 09:45 we had our first loaf on the way. We used a Hovis bread mix to start with so I could demonstrate to my very sceptical wife just how easy it was. In went the packet of bread mix, the water and small amount of butter and just 2 hours later, after we were both moving around the house and sniffing the fresh smell of baking bread, we had a prefect large brown loaf and I must say from a mix it was very nice. Since then we have tried quite a few different types of bread including the fruit loaf and they have all come out with excellent results.

To finish off I would also like to promote another reason. You know exactly what's going into your loaf because you put it there, no rubbish like E numbers or additives or fats, Just good old bread, with whatever amount you want in it and when you want it. What could be better than that?

P.S. My thanks go to all the other people who sat and wrote a review, you didn't do it in vain.

[Add comment]