3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not the best on the subject, 10 Jun 2012
This review is from: Primal Blueprint: Reprogram Your Genes for Effortless Weight Loss, Vibrant Health & Boundless Energy (Primal Blueprint Series) (Hardcover)
I have recently begun a 'primal' style adaption of my diet, eating lots of protein but no carbs other than what are found in veggies etc. I had recently read a great book by Dr John Briffa called "Escape the diet trap" and wanted to extend my research on the subject so I bought this book.

It is OK, but a bit boring and drawn out in places, whereas the "Escape the Diet Trap" is succinct (whilst very well researched) and does not have a fictional caveman to illustrate the points - it just relies upon the science.

Some of the suggestions are a bit patronising (get some sun, walk barefoot, take time to play) but the theory behind the book is, as I firmly believe from my years of dieting and researching diet, sound and probably the reason why we are all going wrong with our attempts to lose weight.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Jan 2013 11:57:03 GMT
Haven't seen the sun for four days. Nor has anyone else in my locale. So not easy to get a daily ration of direct sunlight. I wonder if the Vitamin D and ultra-violet that gets through the cloud base is enough? Probably, but it's freezing out there, and treacherous underfoot. So, at 74 years of age, maybe I'll wait until the snow and ice are gone!

Posted on 7 Apr 2013 20:09:17 BDT
G. Hobbs says:
I'm guessing the barefoot chapter will get 'skipped' as well then? :)
In all honesty it's good to see someone of your age so deeply interested in health thro' nutrition - good luck and the Suns coming very, very soon.
best

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Apr 2013 09:24:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Apr 2013 09:26:52 BDT
Thank you Mr. Hobbs. Strangely enough, as a child, I was always getting 'ticked off', for running around barefoot. But you are right, I cant see me dispensing with shoes these days! The interest in nutrition isn't solely for it's own sake. I was 20 stones. Morbidly obese. This was interfering with the quality of my life. Despite numerous diets formulated with 'conventional wisdom', I couldn't make progress. So I did my own research. My only regret is I didn't find the truth years ago. I have dropped almost three stones now, and already things are much improved. Thanks again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

FLB
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Location: England