1.0 out of 5 stars Hardly water resistant, 11 Aug. 2013
This review is from: sWaP ACTIVE Outdoor Robust Water Resistant Sim Free Mobile Phone Watch (Watch)
The watch does make calls and the speaker and bluetooth is quite reasonable however it is quite bulky and the touchscreen user interface is quite fiddly.

I had it die on my while washing my hands on the 1st day, to never work again... so would not recommend this watch.

My main purpose was to not miss any more calls, so I ended up buying a Cookoo smartwatch, which is in fact water resistent, much classier in the looks department and has been serving me well.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Aug 2013 19:52:39 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Aug 2013 19:52:58 BDT
Logan belle says:
Sounds like you have been sold this dodgy device from a unscrupulous seller. Have you been refunded for defective device.

Posted on 1 Feb 2014 20:07:38 GMT
The Cookoo smartwatch is only a bluetooth controller/interface for a mobile phone and doesn't have it's own GSM capability. I'm taking a gamble on the Swap active, solely for the purpose for when out running, for emergencies. I don't want to be running with my mobile due to weight.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2014 22:35:56 GMT
Logan belle says:
Believe this watch will be unrealible if you purchase swap active robust water resistant watch. Feel they can not fully back this up as other reviews clearly have stated. You get this at your peril.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Feb 2014 00:36:29 GMT
LuisM says:
I was indeed offered a replacement but would have had to send it back (am not in the UK) at my own cost so I didn't bother.

I believe the problem I had is pretty common...

A few months after my review above, I ended up getting a Pebble instead. It has nicer aesthetics than the Cookoo while having even more functionality ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Feb 2014 00:43:48 GMT
LuisM says:
If you're running I suppose there exposure to water/sweat will be likely, which may have the same effect as what I experienced but if you decide to go ahead with it, I hope you don't have the issue.

You plan to switch sim-cards from your phone to your watch every time you go running no?

A few months after the cookoo (which was involved in a big accident) I ended up getting a pebble and it's even cooler, but again, it doesn't have it's own built in GSM module.

Good luck with getting your GSM watch, hope you don't encounter the same issues I did.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2014 19:13:02 GMT
Took a gamble and received it today, guess what...faulty! lol. Trying to charge it gives me a "Bad Contact - Charger" warning. It really does look and feel like cheap Chinese tat to be fair, so I must admit it....I was wrong...you were right!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2014 20:55:26 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2014 20:56:17 GMT
Logan belle says:
Faulty item, you are within yours rights to get full refund & cost of return. The SELLER who sold me swap robust watch tried to deny their responsibility under customer law. If this seller is in denial & may make out you damaged watch like I encounted. May be you have to go and seek a solution from AMAZON A/Z TO get refund like I did. YOU SHOULD ALSO GET REFUND FOR POSTAGE OF RETURNED GOODS . WISH YOU LUCK.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›