4.0 out of 5 stars **********BLU-RAY REVIEW*********, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Cast Away [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I've only ever seen Castaway in dribs and drabs. Somehow I would always end up watching 20 mins here and there when it was on TV. I saw it was about to come out on BD so I thought I'd finally force myself to watch it as a whole.
I wouldn't say it's one of my favourite movies of all time but it's still a good watch. A great story portrayed thoroughly by the director and Tom Hanks.

The HD quality is very good. Obviously, I don't have the DVD but I can say 100% that this will be worth the upgrade. The audio is very good also and adds plenty of atmosphere to many of the scenes.

Languages and subs are well catered for:

Languages: French DD5.1; German DD5.1; Italian DD5.1; Japanese DD5.1; Portuguese DD5.1; Spanish (Castillian) DD5.1; Spanish (Latin) DD5.1;

Subs: English, English (SDH), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.

Runtime: 144mins
No extras - not even a free volleyball!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Nov 2012 15:09:36 GMT
Dallison says:
I wished someone at these studios would open the friggin ears and eyes, what's going on here? I wouldn't think twice about upgrading this film to BD, but no extras????????????? What the hell? God, how I would love to be in control of some of these releases in terms of content, the people in charge must really have no idea.
At the moment I have the R1 dvd set, which has a pretty damn good picture and a stunning soundscape which really give my speakers an incredible drive. Upscaled pic, great sound, pretty good extras....well, it's obvious I should upgrade to BD, isn't it?

It's reasons and releases such as this that give BD a really poor name, and only confirms why we should never be in a hurry to throw out our standard DVDs. Shame on whoever is responsible.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2012 09:37:44 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Nov 2012 09:39:07 GMT
Hi,

At a guess, it's their market research. It probably suggests that extra's don't really sell that product all that much. Maybe?
I don't care for extra's that much, but you do, so we are in two camps. If there were a survey of 100 customers, who gets the most votes...

That said, if it's on the DVD, why not stick the SD quality extra's on there?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2013 23:00:57 BDT
M.O says:
Exactly the point in question - if they are available, stuck them on the Bluray in SD format.
I love the extras on films - and would be dismayed if they were not a part of future home releases.

Why? Well - I like to know certain things about the creation process, or certain little nuances that made scenes how they were... I could go on.

The fact is - if they were to release Blurays or DVD without features, do you think they lower the price? No.

So this is why there is an uproar.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (230 customer reviews)

£19.99 £8.99