5.0 out of 5 stars Khaki Coat, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: 2 in 1 Light Reflective Dog Coat Size: Size 30cm (12")(37 cm H x 18 cm W x 1 cm D), Colour: Khaki (Misc.)
Lovely dog coat, needed for my Shih Tzu for the wet weather. Fits well, fastens by Velcro & stays fastened. Has an inner detachable fleece that is great for the colder weather & is not too bulky. Keeps my puppy Pepe dry & warm. Would buy another as looks so good & does what it says. Like the fact that is has a collar so his neck won't get wet. May sound daft saying my puppy has several coats, but these are not fashion items, for a dog that has to be groomed & bathed regularly like Shish Tzu's, they are a necessity as the constant bathing removes the oils that protect the fur which in turn means that the dogs fur is not waterproof anymore.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Oct 2013 13:49:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Oct 2013 13:50:09 BDT
Whata says:
What did you think of the colour?
I have just received a KHAKI coat but the colour is more olive green and not like the light brown/taupe colour in the photo.
I am debating whether to return since if I had wanted a green'ish coat for my dog etc...
Thanks,

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Oct 2013 15:55:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Oct 2013 15:57:10 BDT
Hi Whata,

I really like the colour. I'm a big fan of green, well most greens that is lol, but I do like it! I know what you're saying as it doesn't look anything like the colour in the picture, but in my opinion, I'm glad it doesn't as I don't like that taupe colour, but I'd seen them in Jolleys so knew it was Khaki/Olive green. Just my opinion :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Oct 2013 17:12:21 BDT
Whata says:
My thanks for your super fast reply. I have nothing against green per se but the biege khaki would be a better match to my dog and his collar & lead. Hence my disappointment. I did also check manufacturer's website and they also show the same "wrong" colour. They have just requested I send them a photo.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Oct 2013 18:27:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Oct 2013 18:31:30 BDT
Ha, well they packed it so they should know what colour it is! It is definitely Khaki! I will upload two pictures of my own, 1 with the flash on, 1 without as they look different colours, but it is ridiculous to say it's beige when it is quite clearly khaki green! Know what you mean about matching to his lead etc, we have now bought a red harness & a red lead, so will be purchasing Pepe a red Barbour lol! Got to be done! Good luck! Oh sorry, I can't upload the pictures, but if they want to contact me they are quite welcome & I will send them the pictures & confirm that it is indeed GREEN :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2013 08:52:09 BDT
Whata says:
I duly sent Danish Design a photo of their product - using an Amazon Cardboard box as a colour reference. I also tried to post this photo here but nothing has yet appeared. P. Poor reply from Danish Design stating - We may see a slight colour variation in fabric batches and that I could return the item to retailer - D'UH! This SLIGHT variation being a shade of a different colour.
I believe the word Khaki originated from India (Persia) and it meant a dusty (sandy) colour ie. yellow brown. What is a annoying is that, prior to ordering, I checked the colour on Danish Designs website since I know the colour can be sometimes be interpreted as a dull green and they were showing a beige/taupe. Possibly this colour confusion originates from military uniforms. Danish Designs could have been more honest and stated that they made a mistake and failed to update their website (& colour description) rather than just being silly.
Top marks to Amazon - yet again - they are more understanding and considerate.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2013 13:54:08 BDT