2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, 17 Mar 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I have owned this game for just over a month now and have played it every day bar 3 for upto 2 1/2 hours a day.
I love to exercise and keep fit, having lost a lot of weight 4 years ago I want to keep it off and use home exercise games like this to help me do so.
This game I found great at first, I presumed my inability to stay in rhythm was down to inexperience and that I would get better. Hmmm. No.
This game does not pick up several exercises no matter where I position the camera or how I light the room.
Side lunges- 0% pick up, Straight leg dead lift, 2-6% pick up, bent over Y - in rhythm at the top of the arm lift, yet not at the bottom of the lift(?) Bent over T " feet closer together" comes the instruction time after time when my feet are already touching. And that isn't an exhaustive list!
I could live with that, as frustrating as it was I sold it to myself that my body knew it had done the exercises even if the game didn't.
However, this game has suddenly at 171056 calories burnt stopped saving data. I can not unlock the next level exercises (after each session it tells me I have completed my daily - say skinny jeans work out- and have 11 sessions left, then the following day the same and the next day and the next) It no longer updates the amount of calories burnt (which by the way was always well below my heart rate monitors amount!, it doesn't let me improve my world ranking, because to the game I am not working out.
I know my body knows I am and I could live with this if it hadn't been over £30 and if the levels moved up, but as it is it is boring, doing the same routine over and over (which by the way with the same percentage success -97% tells me I have burnt between 99 calories and 131 calories doing the same exercises for the same amount of time at the same weight?????)
If this game saved the data it could be great, I really got into it, I was chasing my mates up the leader board, didn't want to fall below the top 10 in the UK or top 100 in the world and was motivated to exercise, but now it has lost that aspect.
I am fed up with it, frustrated and bored with the same old same old on offer.
I also follow this game on social network sites and I am not alone with this experience, but there is no word when it is going to get fixed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 May 2011 14:24:24 BDT
'Bent over T " feet closer together" comes the instruction time after time when my feet are already touching.'

I had this problem too....it's actually that you need to put your feet in a striaght line facing forwards- like (I I) not (\ /) -if that makes sense! Your feet don't need to be touching at all.

Once I figured this out I started getting 100% on that exercise. It isn't very obvious the way the 'trainer' says it!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2011 22:28:58 BDT
Thanks for the comment, my feet were straight! ( I I) I promise you. It's the lack of saving that has ruined this game for me, never moving on a level to thenext routine but stuck in groundhog day on level 1 for everything.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (112 customer reviews)

£39.99 £14.23