5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for a better PSU, 12 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Corsair Professional Series AX 760 Watt ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Unit (Accessory)
Sure it was a lot of money (I paid £133) but for the 92% efficiency it provides, the 7 year warranty and connections / power available to hook up 3 graphics cards + 12 sata hard drives, it's a bargain.

I currently have it in an i5 2500k, AMD 7970 3GB rig with 4 HD's and on idle, this PSU draws between 115-120w.

Gaming wise, the average is 150-180w, the most i could get it to consume was 290w playing Metro 2033 at maximum direct x 11 settings.

Considering the fan on this doesn't turn on until you hit the 380w mark, this PSU should stay silent for any single graphics card setup.

With the wattage i'm consuming, i could easily have 2 decent graphics cards in my rig and this PSU wouldn't break a sweat.

Bargain!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 11-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jul 2013 10:10:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2013 03:13:41 BDT
You seem to be the one, that has the condescending, patronizing, attitude, P.A.Evans, I'm NOT giving you a lesson on something I do not already own. I do happen to own several power supplies and build Computers regularly, (its my JOB), and what I do every day..

So, sorry if you took me up the wrong way. (I did not mean to insult you P.A Evans.) You come across as a well read individual Sir.. I wish you well.. please have a really GOOD weekend with the Cool Sunny weather.. Bye, David.. no hard feelings.!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jul 2013 10:40:09 BDT
Atomspheres says:
That is great thank you, it looks like the stickers must be one facing up and one facing down and the wires the plugs look black and not coloured so thats great also unless you charged them or sprayed them? Thanks again P.A. Evans for doing that.

Posted on 19 Jul 2013 10:54:06 BDT
Atomspheres says:
The corsair 650D has two 200mm fans and one 120mm fan and I will be putting a push,pull rad in the top a blueray drive a 2GB GTX650Ti graphics card and 1 ssd 3 1TB hdd's and running an i7 3770k CPU. Will this PSU be enough or will I need a Bigger one? Thanks anyone.

Posted on 19 Jul 2013 12:21:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jul 2013 12:22:24 BDT
Corsair Obsidian 650D CC650DW-1 Aluminum Mid Tower ATX Enthusiast Computer Case - Black

The Corsair 650D is one hell of a superb case, very well finished and absolutely steam-boat's off Quality Sir.. I would Love to use this case in every single build that I do, but its a bit pricy when ever i come to building a Rig people want value for money they just have not the money for the best quality, so it boils down to value for the Buck..

So the case I use is the T9 Sharkroon @ £45 is the best vaue for money case on the planet at the moment. (well in my humble view anyways).
Sharkoon T9 ATX Midi Tower case - Black

Please have a wee look at it and Please tell me what you think Sir, its another quality case but in a completely different lead from the 650D for example.

Nice to hear you like the 650D It really a special case worth every penny...

Posted on 19 Jul 2013 12:25:53 BDT
P.A Evans, perhaps hear is a TOP Spec AXi 760review by Corsair. that's essential reading. check it out my meager friend.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jul 2013 15:02:13 BDT
P. A. Evans says:
I have made no changes to the psu :)

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jul 2013 15:06:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jul 2013 20:58:58 BDT
P. A. Evans says:
@This PSU will be plenty for your current setup and should provide you with what you need for the next 7 years unless you start using multiple middle to high end graphics cards at once.

The 860w version of this PSU is currently only £10 more, lf the choice was mine, i would buy that one just because an extra £10 isn't that much to pay for an additional 100w of power for future proofing.

It really does depend on your graphics card setup, if you plan on sticking with just one graphics card, 760w should be all you'll ever need as both major graphics card and CPU producers, hell, most hardware in general gets more energy efficent with each new model, especially intel and nvidia.

I have a 860 model in my gaming rig, i7 3280, 7970 AMD Radeon, 4x 7200rpm 3tb hard drives and i never go over 370w.

I have 760's in my file and gaming servers.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jul 2013 15:47:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jul 2013 16:26:42 BDT
I agree if the Corsair AX860i is only £134.00 for 860w then YES! YES! Bargain, "I admit I don't know everything that comes to market" because my field, I openly - hands down, "is not top of the range power supplies", its middle of the road - range PSU's. LIKE mainly TX, HX,and even sometimes, the CX.

However the Cougar 800w is £138.00 and the AXi would mop the floor with a Cougar, even tho, it's top end. the AXi is made by Seasonic, please correct me if I'm wrong. As Seasonic for years made HX Corsair 850w PSU... BTW, I love the dashboard for the AXi. the app. its very realistic.

Thanks, I will take a step back and let you guys take over, Ive said my 20 cents. Take Care, Bye..

Edit: Done a Google search and the cheapest retailer that sells the AX860i is ebuyer @ £166.00 check yourself its even £172.60 on Scan.co.uk. check the link. to: ebuyer & Scan both the cheapest the UK.!!:
for the AX860i which is one of the best power supplies on the earth.!

(it will cover all you need.- future proofing for 7 long years). money well spent about roughly £24 a year, if you wish to look at it that way! 7x 24 = £168.00 not far away.

so its a lot more than Ten pounds for the difference between the (860 AXi) and (760 AXi). more more like £40-£50 Quid, check yourself via Google.

or £2x per 12 months = £24 per year = £2 per month, which is fine. over 7 years, but please don't forget the Corsair Cover.... or warranty which means peace of mind.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›