4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but takes some getting used to., 21 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Small Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
I've never been a big fan of tablets but after reading a photoshop tutorial book I decided to give this a try. I am using it with CS6 and I found it worked as described with the additional tools and options becoming available that are only present when a tablet is connected.

My main issue, and this is mine not the tablets, is actually getting used to it. I found it quite difficult at first but after a couple of weeks I can do most of what I want in terms of precision editing which isn't possible with a mouse.

For a home user or enthusiast this is an ideal tablet, however if you are a pro I could see you wanting to spend more and buy one of the larger more advanced tablets.

The only downside for me is that the USB cable is quite short and only just long enough for me to use with my PC located under my desk, any further away and I would have needed the WiFi kit.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Nov 2013 14:12:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Nov 2013 20:36:46 GMT
I. M. Hawley says:
Did your tablet come with any free software?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2013 20:13:27 GMT
Trev-R says:
No it was just the tablet. However up to date drivers can be downloaded from the web which seems to make it work well with all of my graphic software and utilities.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2013 20:32:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Nov 2013 20:36:19 GMT
I. M. Hawley says:
Yep mine too. I was checking as the one I got new off eBay was sans software. I've since phoned Wacom and only the Manga version in the EU comes with software.

I'd seen some unboxing videos and was looking forward to free ArtRage and Photoshop Elements, but that's only US models. Bit cheeky as the US model is $199, so it's not exactly more expensive over there!

Thanks for responding.