5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 27 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Lenovo C320 20 inch Multi Touch All-in-One Desktop PC (Intel Core i3-2120, RAM 4GB,HDD 500GB, DVDR, Windows 7 Home Premium) - Black (Personal Computers)
I had been browsing all-in-one pcs for a while, not intended to buy one just yet but my laptop was playing up and that was the excuse I had been waiting for. I wanted one to keep in the kitchen to use as a media centre/browser and TV so I could play whilst cooking dinner etc, but be able to take it to the table to do serious work. I didn't want to replace the laptop because I was fed up using a laptop screen. Also, needed a PC the kids can use. The PC we have already stores the files and programs for our business and I don't use it directly because my husband dials into it during the day. This leaves the new PC available for the kids so they can't accidently wreck the business PC.

It is a great spec for the price. My model didn't come with a built-in tuner but I can add a USB tuner for little cost. It looks great, the screen is easy on the eyes, it joined our home network straight away. Its quick and smooth and so far has handled my old programs without any fuss. It is easy enough to unplug and move to my table. One small niggle, and it is probably to keep the cost down, is the wired keyboard and mouse. I am a touch typist and I quite like the keyboard which is unusual. But since a feature of an all-in-one is the lack of cables, I am surprised that a wireless keyboard and mouse are not supplied. I am not complaining because I will happily buy my own set and when I have swapped them for wireless this will make transporting from table to kitchen a doddle.

The touch screen is super fun. I have a smartphone and this is pretty much the same. There isn't a lot of software out there yet to download but it is nice to be able to open and close programs, zoom in and out and everthing else you use your mouse for, with just your fingers. Lenova have factory installed software to play with too. There is an interface to play music, videos, photos, ebook reader and of course games, including Angry Birds!! Yes, huge Angry Birds - great fun. My 6 year old boy and my 2 year old girl who play it on my smartphone were beside themselves when they saw a 20" screen version of it. There is a built in webcam and a motion sensor game to go with it, something for the kids.

The sound quality of the built in speakers is quite fantastic. I never expect a lot from built in speakers, but so long as they function and don't make you cringe when you play a CD for a bit of background entertainment in the kitchen I would have been happy. Even when another reviewer said they were pleased I still didn't raise my expectations. But the speakers really do sound good.

The next big plus is the monitor itself. It comes on a stand which can be tilted to suit the user. Most all in one touchscreens come with a stand like a photo frame. It sits in one position and that is it. In fact this is one of the reasons I hadn't bought one before. It really is no bigger overall than a TV screen even though it has all that extra hardware inside.

There are 6 USB ports, a card reader, DVD burner, ethernet, mic and headphone sockets. I don't have any VGA or HDMI/DV ports but I can live without these for the price I paid. I don't honestly think I would use them anyhow. We don't want to plug in any games consoles or other stuff so fine for us.

I didn't realise, so you may not either, that the power cable is in fact an adapter/transformer like you have with a laptop and not a kettle lead. I am sure this is not important but sometimes its just nice to know.

I have only had the PC for one week and so far, so great! I am really pleased with all of it. I don't feel I have had to compromise between specification and price. The PC works for me, my work and for the kids. When I have added a TV Tuner and wireless keyboard/mouse all of my boxes will have been ticked and that doesn't happen very often for me.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]