1.0 out of 5 stars Waist of Money, 28 May 2011
This review is from: Waist Disposal: The Ultimate Fat Loss Manual for Men (Paperback)
I don't get it. Most of the reviews are very positive. I received this book the other day and soon realised that this was a waist of money and I was very cross, so much so I decided to write a review to counter the other hype.
I have a weight issue and high blood pressure. It is my understanding that high blood pressure and being over weight go hand in hand. I hoped that this book would help me. The suggestions in here are totally inappropriate for some one with high blood pressure. The diet suggestions are guidelines. The exercise section is the sort of thing you could have come up with yourself. I am tempted to send this book back and ask for a refund although I doubt Amazon will refund. Save yourself money, cut back on the rubbish, you know what it is. Eat healthily, come on I know we are men but we can work this out. Exercise, some days aerobically other days lift some weights. Follow a basic routine you will find for free on the internet, get out of the house and sweat.
It isn't that hard and you don't need to waist money. Your first 5 and 1/2 pounds saved.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jun 2011 11:12:01 BDT
Jl Adcock says:
I have this book too and there is some truth in what you say. Certainly the exercise section is very lame indeed, and little more than common sense. With various diets out there being promoted as "the" one to follow, I too have some reservations about the high fat nature of the recipes offered here, and only this week have read about the wonders of a higb carb diet, so goodness knows what we should believe. That said, I have followed some of the guidelines in Waist Disposal and shed some weight - but I think your review brings a welcome sense of balance to the reviews of it on Amazon. "it isn't that hard and you don't need to waste money" - you write - spot on.

Posted on 21 Jun 2011 14:32:09 BDT
Sammy says:
I disagree, although everyone is different. This book has helped me shed a stone in around 5 weeks. Before I was starving myself, doing 3 resistance and 3 cardio sessions a week. That made me extremly miserable. After reading this book I am spending less time exercising but have still managed to make far faster progress. I admit I have used advice from another book for ideas about exercise. Good luck with your attempt to lose weight.

Posted on 1 Nov 2011 07:39:01 GMT
Theo says:
I am quite sure that at least some of the 5 star reviews are shills. 5 star raves from people with no other reviews to their name are always a big warning flag for me. And let's think about the name "Big Pete". Isn't that a little _too_ pat?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2011 08:35:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Nov 2011 08:35:38 GMT
Sammy says:
Have you read the book and followed the instructions?. In my experience I read the book in April and have followed the guidelines. Since than my waist size has gone down from 40 inches to around 35. I used be 16 stones, it is now around 14. Good luck if you are trying to lose weight and be more healthy and I hope you find something that works for you, always try to be positive.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2011 08:37:46 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2011 11:09:12 GMT
Sammy says:
In my opinion you can only really comment on a book if you have read it. Anyway good luck :)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2011 11:27:52 GMT
Theo says:
I'd certainly never review a book without reading it. I do, however, feel free to comment on reviews having read them. What can I say? I just found A. Corbett a good deal more credible than "Big Pete". That's my review of the reviews.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›