5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, great performing IPS 23" Monitor AOC 2369VM, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: AOC I2369VM 23 inch IPS LED Monitor (50000000:1, 250 cd/m2, 6ms, HDMI) (Accessory)
I was considering this (AOC i2369VM) or the AOC i2367FH which are almost identical except that this model (2369VM) has not only 2 x HDMI, 1 x VGA as per i2767FH but also a DisplayPort, MHL capability, VESA mount and mains cable direct into the monitor (no separate power supply brick)

So, how does it perform I hear you asking? - well it performs very well especially for the price, text is pretty sharp, colours are natural and a more defined than the previous 22" LG (22LS4r) monitor that it replaced, actually websites and programs appear more vibrant now.

Backlight bleed is fairly minimal and much better than other LCD's I own, although viewing a black screen in a totally dark room will reveal that the backlighting is more pronounced in the 4 corners of the screen, a trait of IPS screens apparently. With the lights on this is not noticeable under normal viewing.

No dead pixels detected.

So, yes the stand is a little wobbly and in fact the metal cast bracket on mine was actually cast a little crooked and so the stand isn't perfectly straight but once in place on the desk it's not noticeable and unless I'm dancing on my desk (only on Fridays) then the monitor doesn't wobble and other than occasional earthquake (in Southern England) I think it'll be fine!

Included in the box was an HDMI cable, VGA cable, mains cable, CD of drivers and other semi useless software (I did install the `I menu' software for controlling the screen settings via your mouse (brightness, gamma, contrast etc) and had fun figuring out how to change from Chinese to Engrish.

So, assuming you're still reading this, do I recommend it? Yes after the short time I've owned this I can say I am pleased and would get another, in fact I already own the 27" AOC 2767FH so there, I've just proved my point.

I should mention I got mine from PC Whirled for 10 more than on Amazon but needed one in a hurry, well ok, not in a hurry but I was impatient and wanted one then and there.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Dec 2013 16:18:16 GMT
D. Liddell says:
Hi, I am also interested in both models you mentioned. Would you say this is definitely the better option? Just because the RRP for the AOC i2369VM 173 compared with 129 for this one, so I was going to get that one before I read your review.

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 19:10:04 GMT
DanW says:
I think you can ignore the RRP because I don't think either models ever sell for more than 140 and suspect the RRP is rather inflated to make it look more of a bargain (typical sales tactic!) Both are very similar in build and specs so would say there's not much between them other than the couple of extras I mentioned (Display port, MHL via HDMI capability, VESA screw mount, built in mains vs separate mains power supply)

I've been pleased with my i2369VM, once it got confused and went blank and a reboot of PC sorted that, same happened on the 27" AOC i2767FH that I also use.... I think the HDMI handshake between PC and monitor gets messed up, had similar things with a Sony TV and a PC so suspect it's one of the joys of digital connectivity.

So which one to get? hmm a tough one, I'd probably get another i2369VM as it has the VESA mount and displayport just for extra flexibility but really there's little to choose....

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2013 19:32:28 GMT
D. Liddell says:
Great help thanks, looks like this ones the clear choice then. Found it here in black think it looks a wee bit nicer! http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/monitors/23inchmonitors/i2369vm.html

Posted on 9 Apr 2014 14:00:22 BDT
Ben Green says:
Very good review.

Posted on 14 Jun 2014 18:47:59 BDT
DanW says:
Well thought I'd pop back for a half year update - still really pleased with the monitor, still gives excellent results. no issues experienced at all. No stand wobble issues :D

So I still recommend this monitor.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›