4.0 out of 5 stars Very good mouse best gaming mouse yet, 27 April 2009
This review is from: Razer Mamba Wireless 5600DBP Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Ok I got this mouse after my MX1000 started skipping and my old Explorer wired mouse was getting stuck.
A special metion should be made about the packaging it is really something it displays the mouse like a sculpture.
After unpacking and plugging in the mouse you can download the drivers from the razer website, no disk is included. The razer software gives you control over a bunch of functions including asigning key presses and macros to each of the buttons on the mouse. There are also other more advanced options like fine tuning the sensitivity and polling rate. Adjusting sensitivity can also be done on the fly through the 2 buttons that are on the side of the big Button 1 on the mouse. This is useful but I figure once you find the one Ilike most I won't be playing around with it much.
So how does the mouse itself actually feel? Ergonomically I think the mouse is really good, decent wheight, confortable to hold buttons have a nice feeling when pressed. I do find the Logitech MX1000 a bit more confortable but I like the bigger side buttons on the Mamba.
The scroll wheel on the Mamba feels good and it has very distinct clicks as you scroll. This is very good for changing weapons in a FPS game but maybe not so good for scrolling down long forum pages. Alos be aware that the wheel does not have a side scroll function like the MX1000.
The main feature of this mouse is of course that it is wireless and I can say that there is no noticeable difference in response from the mouse in either wired or wireless mode. It is indeed very nice that if your battery goes down you can just plug the cable to the back of the mouse and continue using it. Before with my MX1000 I had to keep a second wired mouse handy just so I could continue playing if the battery in the MX1000 died during long play sessions. Talking about batteries I think that the batery life in the MX1000 was slightly longer. In any case you must download a firmware update for the Mamba which corrects a bug that was preventing the batttery to charge fully. The only other slight annoyance I found with the Mamba is that when it goes into sleep mode it needs a couple of seconds to start working again properly, this was not the case with the MX1000.
I highly recomend this mouse, yes the price is steep but one has to consider that the mouse is the main interface between you and your computer and is used in probably every application and game. So with that in mind I don't think it is a bad investment at all.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 May 2009 23:24:42 BDT
J Smith says:
Mr Torres; I think you need to concentrate more on the mouse at hand, rather constantly referring to your MX1000. Also the title of your review and the wording within it are somewhat oxymoronic. You state in the title that it is the 'best gaming mouse yet' whereas in the body of the review, we find phrases like "this was not the case with the MX1000."

Secondly, remember that the MX1000 is 2 years old now; surely this means it cannot be compared to a product released less than 2 months ago. I myself have not bought the Mamba yet, but fully intend to do so when funds become available. I am currently using a Banshee Lachesis, and look forward to the response upgrade.

Please dont take the above comments wrongly - I admit I do not own the mouse myself - but i feel comparing the Mamba to a 2-year-old mouse to be somewhat irrelevant.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2009 01:11:13 BDT
J. Burdon says:
Two years isn't that old. It's mouse technology. They haven't exactly revolutionized in that short space of time. Even if they had changed a lot, that does not make comparing it to a previous mouse useless.

I also disagree that there is anything "oxymoronic" in the review. Perhaps the MX1000 had a couple of things they preferred but overall they like the mamba more.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (33 customer reviews)

Out of stock