3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
My personal technical review - very good book,
This review is from: Total Heart Rate Training: Customize and Maximize Your Workout Using a Heart Rate Monitor (Paperback)
I would like to remind that I am not a professionals athlete but I regularly do sport and I try to keep myself informed about training techniques. For me this is a very good book and I give to it 4 stars. For my level of knowledge it is more than ok but probably the advances athletes deserves something more, that why I do not give 5. Definitely I recommend it for people at my same level assuring that you can really learn more. Now some points
- Good organization of topics, they follow a coherent point of view and they are progressively organized without any jumps of lack of information.
- I completely share the point of view: intensity and organization matter. The rest is a very key point and also I completely agree in the theory of periodization and cycles; this is valid not only for running but also for other sports like weight lifting. Definitely good.
- Good field test to verify LT and aerobic threshold.
- Good explanatory tables
- Putting the nice tables at the end is a bit risky, personally I did not pay to them a lot of attention
- Sometimes it is a bit difficult to read because some chapter are full of concept. This is not a book to read just one time...
- Probably some more fields evidences and example are needed. They are speeded inside the section. It would be good to isolate them
Have a good reading