5.0 out of 5 stars Improves the quality of your water and your life, 1 July 2008
This review is from: BRITA Marella Cool Water Filter Jug, 2.4 L - White (Kitchen & Home)
After looking at a cup of tea I'd made which had a slight film on the top, I decided that I'd had enough of drinking and making tea & coffee with hard water and looked to amazon for a reasonably priced water filter. After looking at a few products, I decided that this was the size I wanted and, more importantly, the amount of money I wanted to spend.

A day later, my Brita Marella Cool White Water Filter Jug was in my hands. After a quick and easy assembly of all the parts (and a quick wash, naturally) it was ready to use and looking very smart. I took a glass of water from it and I was immediately impressed by just how clean tasting the water was - it was difficult to believe that the water I was drinking had come from my South London tap.

It also passed the tea and coffee test with flying colours. The taste of my freshly brewed coffee really comes through when it isn't fighting the impurities of hard water. For the very reasonable price of this water filter, the improvement in the quality of your water - and subsequently your life - is very noticable.

For those thinking of getting a water filter and worried about the running costs, it apparently gets through one cartridge a month on average and I bought myself a pack of three cartridges to go with this from amazon for just over the £10 mark. They are also available at all leading supermarkets, so you don't have to go hunting around specialist stores to keep your water filter going.

If you have noticably impure water, I would strongly recommend you invest in one of these handy little jugs. It fits right on my fridge door and, to be honest, I don't know why I waited this long to get one. Go on, treat yourself, you deserve great, clean tasting water.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Oct 2012 19:59:13 BDT
does it come with a filter in it?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2012 23:00:38 BDT
Andy Sweeney says:
If I remember rightly (and it's been a while since I got this jug - I've since replaced it with another Brita model), it did come with a filter. I wouldn't like to guarantee that it still does now, though.

Posted on 13 Feb 2013 18:44:33 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Feb 2013 13:12:44 GMT
Little Gecko says:
Actually there is. If you do some research you will see exactly what is in our water and what we are ignorantly drinking...

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2013 15:14:35 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 6 May 2013 15:36:13 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2013 01:00:36 BDT
S. D. Lewis says:
Which model do you have now?

I am looking into getting something like this as my tap water tastes metallic. Cost isn't that much of an issue but £30 or less would be nice.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2013 09:48:50 BDT
Andy Sweeney says:
I still own one of these, although have to confess to having to replace it after my stepson put my original on our ceramic hob and managed to accidentally knock the dial, turning the hotplate under the jug on. It's tough, but it doesn't stand up to that sort of treatment! Thankfully it was noticed before too much damage was done, but I didn't hesitate to buy exactly the same jug to replace the original.

Posted on 22 Jul 2013 23:15:25 BDT
Nicola says:
It says you need to replace the cartridge monthly, on average how many jugfuls can you filter with one cartridge?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2013 11:29:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Jul 2013 11:29:48 BDT
Andy Sweeney says:
I stretch mine out a little longer than that (about 45 days of daily use), with no discernible difference in quality. I'd say at least 50 jug-fulls, based on when the "impurity" film starts to appear on cups of tea.

That's just my opinion, others may disagree - I know that Brita themselves probably would!

Posted on 3 Aug 2013 23:58:55 BDT