ARRAY(0xa6498d08)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ran into a bit of trouble with this at work., 16 Mar 2011
This review is from: Jesus Mug, He's No. 1!
I bought this mug for use at work as I get rather tired of making several trips to the drinking fountain throughout the day. Surprisingly, by the time I made it back to my desk from the water spigot, this mug had turned my water into wine! Being a little skeptical, naturally I made several more trips over the course of the day to confirm the miracle... feeling more relaxed about the matter with each trip.
Blimey that was an impressive vintage!

Well, by mid afternoon I was full on sloshed... pissed... rat-arsed. Feeling a bit cheeky as I walked past my boss I gave her a nice swat on the bum. I'm very fortunate that I didn't get sacked on the spot... and I reckon I have my Jesus Mug to thank for that small miracle. I am now in a company mandated substance abuse program though. My boss, not a handsome woman when viewed without the beer goggles has... err... forgiven me. She's always coming round my desk now and hinting that she doesn't have plans for the evening.

All in all though, it's a lovely mug... and Jesus is number 1 for sure! Perhaps a better mug for use at home and a nice cup of tea.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Mar 2011 14:38:06 GMT
Diziet says:
Mr Poteet - you are incorrigible!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2011 17:30:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Mar 2011 17:57:19 GMT
Thank you Diziet... I can't help it as one of your countrymen once famously noted.

"In every American there is an air of incorrigible innocence, which seems to conceal a diabolical cunning."
~ A.E. (Alfred Edward) Housman (1859-1936)

Housman asked Prokosch, whose volume The Asiatics had been published to critical acclaim, "Is your air of simplicity just a part of your cunning, or is your cunning just an aspect of your inner simplicity?"

Edit: I haven't figured out what any of this means either... but it sounds sort of cool and mysterious, wouldn't you say?

Posted on 2 Jul 2011 09:30:28 BDT
Colin Spence says:
Look out for the very rare, and much coveted, companion piece (Mary Magdalene) - no less aesthetically pleasing.

Remarkable grasp of the English vernacular.

Posted on 18 Dec 2011 00:23:38 GMT
This has to be the best review I've ever read

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 14:44:17 BDT
Em-Jay says:
This is possibly the best review I have ever read! Thank you so much for all the tears of joy I cried while reading, please continue to review as many products as possible!!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2012 14:06:11 BDT
Em-Jay,
Thank you so much for saying so! This sort of encouragement is what keeps me writing!

Posted on 24 Aug 2013 16:13:43 BDT
 says:
I think you will find from the title that this is a portable loo. Have you even tried peeing into it? Mind you, if your boss keeps coming up to your desk it could be a bit embarrassing to use. If you do pluck up the courage, I will be interested to know what your urine gets turned into. I consulted the relevant sections of the bible but drew a blank.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2013 17:34:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Aug 2013 17:42:13 BDT
Dear nameless commentator,

Given the infinite number of situations that man can find himself got into... to manage advising us on every conceivable combination, the Bible would have to be a book with innumerable volumes. Who would have the time to ever read it? What with our busy work and social schedules?

Given the aforementioned conundrum, we must make informed decisions by reading between the lines in some cases, wouldn't you agree? No? What then, of the bloke who finds himself in the albeit unlikely position of somehow having his head wedged inextricably into a cow's ring-piece? Would you have him just stand there in the pasture, pants around his ankles whiling away his time whilst awaiting the farmer to awaken and tend the cattle? Then patiently wait while the farmer consults his Bible, LUKE Chapter: 1,357,991 Verse 17,001... to find the appropriate course of action?

That said, given what we know about the laws provided by the Old Testament, one must refer to the concept of "unclean." As a refresher, one couldn't eat bacon... unclean. One had to wash hands before eating, or be "unclean." Women who were menstruating had to actually sit outside the city gates on a pile of Maxi-pads until their cycle had passed, because they were officially "unclean." In hindsight, that last one was a bit of genius if I may humbly offer my unworthy, AmazonReviewer-style two cents on HIS handiwork. It certainly would make for a more peaceful Saturday around many a household had the custom not fallen out of fashion, but I digress.

I think it would be safe to assume that having a piss into one's "coffee mug shaped wine manufacturing device" would almost certainly run afowl of the cleanliness statutes.

Great question though, thanks for asking.

I will now take audience with the next pilgrim in line, please folks... no pushing or jostling and maintain an orderly queue. Donations cheerfully accepted.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2013 17:01:24 BDT
timelord007 says:
This had me rolling with bellyache laughter, I love it when in England the bible bashers come around preaching & i just dismantle the Bible storys to bits like.
The multiple Loaves & Fishes story I'll say to them "Well he didn't give much of a toss for the vegetarians did he"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (19 customer reviews)

Out of stock