1.0 out of 5 stars Gameline GmbH - Avoid these con men at all costs!!, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Crysis 2 (PC DVD) (Video Game)
UPDATE 2: I've noticed another name change (after the most recent comment brought me back here). They're now called "Gameline GmbH" and have, in all likelihood, changed their name inbetween my last update and this one. This constant switching only goes to prove that they are con men. I want you all to be as informed as possible in your decisions and, as such, would recommend you make your purchase from another, more reputable, seller. Best of luck, everyone.

UPDATE - This company has changed its name to Digitalville UK. This is clearly something it will do frequently to try and lose all of the negative reviews associated with its old company name; I'm sure this isn't the first time it will have done this. Again, it's now Digitalville UK.
Avoid buying from these crooks AT ALL COSTS!

The game is itself excellent. Stunning visuals, even by today's standards, intuitive controls, sturdy storytelling back up by good pacing and exemplary gameplay. 5/5 to the good people at Electronic Arts.

However, assuming they're still allowed to trade at this point, make 100% sure you DO NOT buy this game from Software Central UK! None of their copies of Crysis 2 have a valid CD key (meaning you can't actually access the game) and when challenged on the issue rather than doing what anyone who has ever worked in customer service would do (i.e. apologise, listen to the problem, attempt to rectify the solution) they responded with rudeness that needs to be quoted to be believed! Had to go and buy a copy from a local highstreet retailer instead! Let's just say they know a lot about GAMEs and I've bought many a GAME from them over the years ;)

My message to the seller - Cut down so it didn't take the whole page ;)

"I received my copy of Crysis 2 that I ordered from you this morning. The CD/DVD itself isn't damaged. However, the serial number given (needed to activate the product) on the manual is invalid. Having contacted EA customer service I have been instructed to contact you [Software Central] regarding obtaining a replacement code...While I am aware that illegal distribution takes place I am willing to accept that this may be a single, isolated error that can be quickly resolved by yourselves" ...etc etc

The reply:

"We dont sell anything illegal. We had purchased over 2000 Crysis 2 they are all genuine and brand new never been used. We are in this business for over 6 years and buy directly from EA Distributors. You can email them your UPC Code and they will tell you if it is illegal copy or not. Please do NOT insult me with this."

You'll notice there's no attempt to actually rectify THEIR mistake, just astounding levels of aggression, rudeness and egotism.

My reply (hoping to actually get a replacement):

"I simply informed you of the steps I have taken and wanted to make it very clear the disappointment I have had in your service. Furthermore, I simply quoted what information I received from EA and Trading Standards. It is a shame that you would seem to take this as some sort of personal attack as I said I was willing to accept that this wasn't the case and allow you to rectify your mistake. I feel that the level of aggression in your response was completely unwarranted and would suggest that you deal with your product's defectiveness in a more professional manner from here on in."

The reply:

"Well I am sorry if you think that I wasnt professional but please understand I make living from Amazon and feed my kids and I would never risk this with selling anything illegal. I stand behind my products and have proof of purchase from legal game distributors from all around the world. I even personally met with Cevat Yerli in California last year at Game Expo, He is the founder, CEO and President of Crytek."

A sob story that's completely irrelevant. Does anyone else find it hard to believe the rest? I know I do. Again, no attempt to help their paying customer (and apparently no attempt to use proper grammar).
This went on and on. I gave them the very simple (and you'll agree reasonable) solution "If you could e-mail me a valid CD key for the product I shall consider the matter sorted and leave it at that". Agreeable, right? Evidently not.
He was totally dumbfounded by this! I explained "without a VALID Serial Number I cannot activate the product...rendering it useless to me." You'd think he should know that, given he sells games (admittedly of varying levels of legitimacy).
All I got was a simple "I am not going to argue with you". Useless or what? Imagine if someone talked to you like this in a real shop. You'd call the manager and they'd get the sack there and then! I should know, I've seen it happen. Yet somehow these people are allowed to keep trading on Amazon.

To summarise: Crysis 2 = Great game. Amazon = Great company. Software Central UK = Bunch of crooks. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

[Add comment]