5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible headphones!, 18 July 2014
This review is from: August EP650 - Bluetooth Headphones with 3.5mm Audio In - Wireless or Wired Stereo Headset with NFC Tap to Connect - Rechargeable Battery / Built In Battery / USB Audio In - White (Electronics)
So there I was, bored on the internet and looking for some item to waste my money on. I'm glad I have moments like those else I wouldn't have stumbled across these beasts.

Delivery and Packaging:

Amazon Prime and DPD delivered the package the day after placing my order, as promised. If it was that other courier Amazon sometimes use (cough cough, Parcel Force, cough cough), I doubt it would've arrived in 24 hours.

The headphones themselves come in a black box, with information regarding the product and a pretty picture. Nothing special here, its very simplistic.

Headphone Looks/Comfort:

Although this is down to personal opinion, I think these headphones look very stylish. They look very modern and in fact, they look more expensive than they are. You soon learn that August thankfully spent more time and money on the things that matter, not the box they come in.

To accompany the easy look on the eyes, they are an easy fit on the head and ears. These headphones are seriously comfortable. They can be worn for long periods of time without any annoying aches or pain, unless of course you wack the volume up... I'll talk about that later on. The headphones are adjustable so will be able to fit various head shapes and sizes. The headphones also fold in nicely, ideal when they need putting in a bag!

Headphone Connectivity:

I switched on the bluetooth of my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and switched on the headphones, within seconds they were paired and ready to go. Even I wasn't expecting it to be that easy. The bluetooth provides a strong and stable connection. If you haven't got a bluetooth device then don't worry, in the box comes an AUX cable which you connect to the socket on the headphones. The battery lasts ages, 8-10 hours at loud volumes and then charges nice and quickly via the supplied USB cable.

On the side of the headphones there are a selection of buttons, all laid out nicely. In the middle you'll find the play/pause button, top left is volume down, top right is volume up, bottom left is previous track, bottom right is next track. When on a bluetooth connection you can use these buttons to control your device remotely. This works incredibly well at the gym when I can't be bothered to bend over and fiddle with my phone. They also don't fall off your head whilst working out, this means that the quest for gainz won't be interrupted.

Headphone Sound Quality:

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much. A company I've never heard of, sharing the same name with a month, along with a cheap looking website. The only thing that made me bite was the number of good reviews here on Amazon. The time has now come were I'd like to take a brief moment to thank those customers that review products, without you I wouldn't be sat here typing this review with my head filled with high crisp notes followed by the deepest booming bass I've ever heard!

These headphones have blown me away. They are slightly bass heavy so not ideal if listening to spoken audio but for everything else they are superb. I like my music loud and oh boy do these headphones deliver the volume!! No horrid distortion either. Just play David Guetta ft Sia - She Wolf with the device volume maxed out and the headphone volume maxed out, your eardrums along with your whole head and face will be begging for mercy. If you find the bass overwhelming you can always use an EQ to balance it to your needs. Isn't technology wonderful?

Overall:

I paid £28 for these headphones, I got a bargain if they pass the test of time. They come with 1 year warranty as standard so if anything should happen you're covered. They appear to be well made though so hopefully they'll last a few years.

If I knew what these headphones were like I would've payed more. I'd definitely recommend them!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]