5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome high fidelity 24/96 recording of this classic!! Blu ray audio is the wave of the future!, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Breakfast In America (Blu-ray Audio)
I have been searching for this blu ray audio disc forever!! It has been announced for awhile, but living here in the states blu ray audio has not quiet taken off (funny this is imported from the United States and Amazon US doesn't even list it). Since Super Audio CD and DVD-Audio faded fast here, I don't see Americans picking up on 24bit 96khz recordings anytime soon. Sad to see most of us satisfied with the old 16 bit format that is old as dirt. I am SO glad to see studios use the blu ray format as an audio only outlet. These recordings can sound fantastic just like SUPERTRAMP'S BREAKFAST IN AMERICA in the 24/96 realm. Even though I HIGHLY support multichannel surround sound, this two channel recording is awesome in every way!! I have been a fan of this recording since its 1979 release and this is simply amazing what they have done with this music. The highs are all here as are the low ends. My audio/video receiver allows for manipulation to make it matrix 7.1, but I choose to leave it in its original form because the two channel is so full in of itself.
I have only a few blu ray audio discs that I have ordered from Amazon UK and hope this format catches on. Once I discovered SACD and DVD-Audio recordings some years ago, I am hooked on these high end recordings.
If you are a Supertramp fan do your ears a favor by upgrading to this blu ray audio disc (and NO there is NO video content and you must have a blu ray player to enjoy).
Now if they would only release Supertramp's masterpiece CRIME OF THE CENTURY on blu ray audio. :)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Aug 2013 13:57:55 BDT
HTC says:
I have an Oppo Blu ray player as well but how do you convert this blu ray audio into "My Oppo blu ray player and audio/video receiver allows for manipulation to make it matrix 7.1"? I thought you would not be able to change it just like SACD and DVD Audio due to copyright issue. I have a Decoder that can convert a stereo CD into virtual surround sound however when a SACD (stereo only) is played through the decoder, all you get is static sound on centre channel and surround speakers.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2013 14:16:45 BDT
Sorry about the confusion HTC. It is actually through my Pioneer Elite Audio receiver that manipulates the 2 channel stereo to simulated surround. Like Pro Logic 2 Music or Neo X Music. It is still two channel, but the receiver decodes the sound and not the Oppo blu ray player. It is not true multichannel, but it fills the room with music. Hope that helps and sorry again for the confusion.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Aug 2013 12:58:55 BDT
HTC says:
No worries Monty. I enjoyed the stereo blu ray of Supertramp. Just awesome sound quality.

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 16:34:41 BDT
Rockstar2112 says:
Hey Monty, your wish has been granted COTC is being released in mid Oct. on blu ray audio format!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2013 19:10:14 BDT
Thanks for the great news! I will pre-order mine as soon as Amazon announces it.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2013 20:37:40 BDT
Rockstar2112 says:
Monty, I saw COTC as a new release from CDJapan so it may be released in Japan a little sooner than the rest of the world. Several other releases were announced such as Queen A Night At The Opera & The Rolling Stones Exile On Main Street. I have the BR Audio versions of Darkside & WYWH by Pink Floyd & Rush 2112 & Moving Pictures & think this BR Audio format is awesome! I have Supertramp BIA on order with D&D Layla & I can't wait until they arrive! My wish would be to see PF The Wall & the entire Zeppelin catalogue on BR Audio, that would be awesome. I love the sound quality of BR Audio on my OPPO BDP 105, the format really gives the instruments room to breathe. I like you am a big fan of SACD & DVD-A, but I'm old school, I don't have 5.1, I do 95% of my listening on headphones, mainly so I don't disturb other members of the household, my family can't believe I'm not deaf because I love my music cranked up & this is exactly what hi rez audio was made for, no distortion or fatigue at high volumes. I just recently acquired some Blu Spec CD2 titles from Japan (Jimi Hendrix, Toto, Journey, Alan Parsons Project) & apparently the technology for these new discs was derived from mastering BR video discs & they are very good as well, plus as a bonus they play on any cd player. Japan seems as always the place for exciting new technologies & formats to emerge such as SHM cds & SHM sacds, Blu Spec CD 1&2, now they are even making a platinum SHM cd! I'm going to have to get a second job just to afford all these new releases! CDJapan is a great place to find out whats happening, excellent prices & service. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, how about Yes High Vibration 16 sacd hybrid box set due in early Sept. that ought to be a nice treat.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Sep 2013 19:31:03 BDT
Rockstar2112 says:
Unfortunately the BR Audio release of Supertramp COTC has been postponed, no further details available. I will continue to check on CDJapan to see if a new release date is listed. Hopefully the BR Audio version will see the light soon, as I was really looking forward to it.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Sep 2013 22:12:21 BDT
Thanks for keeping us "other" fans updated. Curious as to what happened. Too bad this band was never released on SACD. They would sound wonderful in surround sound Direct Stream Digital 96/24. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2013 17:31:12 BDT
Rockstar2112 says:
Update on Sept. 18 2013. CDJapan has just listed Supertramp BIA on SHM SACD & Platinum SHM cd for Nov. 27 2013 release. People always ask me how many copies or different formats do you need of a particular album? When it comes to my fave classics the sky is the limit. I already own BIA on MFSL Ultradisc, SHM mini lp cd, & deluxe SHM boxset, but I'm always looking for the best sound quality possible so it looks as though I'll probably be adding a couple more to the collection LOL!! I love comparing different versions of great music so it will be great to A/B BR Audio vs. SHM SACD. Hopefully COTC won't be too far behind on BR & SHM SACD.

Posted on 5 Dec 2013 05:46:22 GMT
john563 says:
Super audio cd is still alive and kicking, though not as much as I would like. For this issue I will go for the blu-ray since the price tag on the sacd verision is far to high:

‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›