5.0 out of 5 stars I love everything about this tablet!!, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Lenovo Yoga 10-inch Tablet (Silver Grey Metal) - Tablet (Quad Core 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Android 4.2) (Personal Computers)
I've just bought this tablet and am thrilled with it :D It's relatively light as a tablet and Lenovo have; very intelligently - I must add; put the vast majority of the weight at the cylindrical part of the tablet which houses the battery. The Yoga tablet feels very sturdy and looks incredibly beautiful. The base (which opens to accommodate an amazingly useful and versatile stand) is aluminium whereas the back is made of durable plastic embellished with the Lenovo logo. The operating system is Android 4.2.2 Jellybean and with the quad-core processor; every task is done in the blink of an eye.

The battery life is like no other; I've had tablets in the past and was always a slave of the charger but not any more :) This is especially useful as I take the Yoga Tab to University with me and after a good day's heavy use I'm still going strong whereas my colleagues are looking for a charger to hook their tablet to!

All in all I recommend this tablet without hesitation; it's great to read and type on or to watch movies with the exceptional Dolby sound and a clear, crisp screen. It feels and looks great to hold in any of its various ways. Speed is not a problem and snapping photos and taking videos is a breeze. The OS is not full of useless things but one has the essentials which is pleasant to say the least as the tablet can be customised to the customer's needs and not the other way round. All in all especially when considering the price and the build quality and reliability offered by Lenovo; this tablet is really impressive and comfortable to use - it really was designed with the user in mind :)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Dec 2013 17:17:02 GMT
RMOP says:
I've been looking at the Asia-market versions of this tablet. They have native voice capability like any Android phone. None of the reviews here mention that about this version. Does this model have that? I note the 3G data, but no one mentions voice. The US models don't have it, and of course the Asian models use frequencies that are are not optimized for use in the US. Just curious as to what you've got in the UK. Carrying a tablet that could connect with a BT headset or be used as a speaker phone might be handy. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2013 09:22:08 GMT
It could most certainly connect to a Bluetooth headset but I doubt its usage as a speaker phone. I would check with Lenovo with that. I've got the WiFi version so I cannot confirm myself; but it connects easily to any bluetooth device.
Hope this helps :)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2013 10:49:42 GMT
RMOP says:
Thanks. If yours is the WiFi only version, then my question does not apply to your model. Lenovo is making some of these as essentially giant phones, which work as speaker phones (if you want to annoy fellow passengers on they train), with a BT Headset whilst the tablet is discreetly tucked away in a case, or actually held up against one's head for the amusement of fellow passengers (snigger..."look at that, mate! Is he an engineer or just plain weird?).

Anyway, hoping to get some feedback from someone who's snagged one of the phone versions. Amazon UK doesn't seem to have a mechanism for posting general product questions.

Posted on 13 Jan 2014 11:38:53 GMT
jamie says:
Have you found out how to load photos taken from another camera onto the Lenova Yoga 10 yet?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jan 2014 14:23:38 GMT
All you have to do is either to load them onto a Micro-SD card and insert this into the yoga tablet or else connect said Yoga Tablet to the computer and transfer them that way or you can also load said photos on Google Drive and then download them to your Yoga Tablet :D Hope this helps :)

Posted on 4 Feb 2014 17:42:03 GMT
Robert says:
I'm doing a long distance ride this year (1000 miles) and need a device to record my mileage from my Garmin gps; my ipad will be too big, bearing in mind in will sit in my front bag along with my camera, do you think this device will be suitable. I also have Lenovo ideapad, which I rate.
My worry is the transfer of data, my Garmin uses a mini usb and unfortunately does have Bluetooth which the newer Garmin have.
Many thanks for any advice or help you can give me.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2014 19:20:34 GMT
Hi,
The Yoga Tab's connectivity in the physical is a micro usb port. However I cannot guarantee that it'll support your Garmin product as I don't own one of them and can't test it out.

Are you considering the use of an app?

The other possibility I can see is using tracking software on the Yoga Tab itself but then again I think that 3g would be required.

Hope that I helped, if you have any more questions feel free to ask :)

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2014 08:10:46 GMT
Robert says:
Thanks Robert, much appreciated, my Garmin has a USB also, therefore I'd need a USB/USB connectivity...don't think it would work. The new Garmin has Bluetooth...£400?
Couldn't use the yoga on MU bike, my Gps is mounted on the handlebars which I then download to Strava. The tablet will sit with my camera in the front bag....stuck between the Yoga and the Samsung 8", as I think 10" would be too big....

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2014 08:16:27 GMT
As you know the Yoga Tablet comes also in 8" and with the Yoga you have 18hrs of battery life so I definitely cannot fault that :P

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2014 09:11:58 GMT
Robert says:
Tell you what, if it really does 18 hours, that's got to be a bonus....
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›