128 of 129 people found the following review helpful
Compact, cheap, convenient,
This review is from: Finger Pulse Oximeter With LED Display (Includes Carrycase, Batteries and Lanyard)
Working as a GP, this is very handy- small, lightweight complete with a cover. Its cheap & does not feel very robust but is practical & very easy to use. I didn't get to choose a colour when ordering it but got a yellow one which looks fine. It takes a couple of seconds to start reading when the button is pressed & then turns itself off a few seconds after removed. Takes 2xAAA batteries. Would definitely recommend it to other health professionals as basic equipment.
Tracked by 4 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Jun 2012 20:18:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jun 2012 20:19:14 BDT
I found this to be very useful too, I'm not a Doctor, I worked as a Health Care Assistant in the mid 80's and early ninety's of course we didn't have these gadget's them and we used to do b/p's with a stethoscope and mercury shyg then, but I don't work in the NHS anymore, but neverless found this to be very useful I was supprised to see that my pulse was between 75-82 and my %Sp02 readings were between 93-95 I take it this a normal reading, as the instructions wern't very clear and I'm a novice as far as the oximeter is concerned, !!!!
In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2013 15:13:42 BDT
Can anyone tell me if the one I bought my mum is faulty? The battery compartment has springs on both ends, unit lights up but nothing else is happening??
Posted on 23 Jan 2014 10:42:22 GMT
Francis Ball says:
Having just experienced regular "obs" in hospital, I am able to confirm that their big professional machines also take a couple of seconds to start reading. I have purchased one of these little devices and am very pleased with it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›