15 of 16 people found the following review helpful
Perfect for PS3 slim upgrade,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: WD 1TB Portable SATA Hard Drive - OEM - Blue (Personal Computers)
I wanted to upgrade my PS3 Slim from 120Gb as I kept on running out of space. After doing some research on how to perform the process I figured I might as well upgrade to 1Tb at a reasonable price. Hence the purchase of this drive. So far, I have not had any problems and I am happy with the purchase!
This is the process I followed for the upgrade, and to make it as clear and simple as possible.
1. From the PS use the backup utility and back your system up to an external hard drive.
2. Remove the existing drive from the bay (little screw underneath in a compartment should set it free, as well as the front cover.)
3. Swap the two drives by firstly removing the 4 screws holding the drive in the bay. Put the drive back in. Attach PS3 controller with USB cable.
4. From a desktop, download the latest system software from Sony's Playstation website and store on a USB stick. Plug the USB stick into the console.
5. Power PS3 up, you will be prompted to scan for an update by pressing start and select
6. This will initate the setup process - follow the on - screen prompts. Dont worry too much about user set up, as your restore will overwrite this.
7. Use the backup utility and restore the backup you took in step 1
8. Fill free space with free games from PS plus!
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Apr 2013 09:48:52 BDT
Renars Treijs says:
do i need Sony PlayStation 3 Replacement Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Mounting Bracket to do this?
In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2013 15:45:49 BDT
Pieter de Beer says:
I didnt need one. I guess it depends on your model of Playstation.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›