5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy!!!, 7 April 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Peek-A-Boo Leaves Musical Mobile (Baby Product)
Out of all the many items I have bought for my new baby daughter this has to be one of the very best investments and worth every single penny! To start with the mobile is very easy to put together and fits easily on to the side of the cot. You will need a small screw driver to take off and re-fit the battery compartment cover and we have found that it's worth using the more expensive batteries as they do last so much much longer than the cheaper supermarket equivalents. The remote control unit also uses batteries but we have not yet had to replace these since buying the unit.

The mobile itself is very well made, the characters are eye catching, as are the palm leaves and the music box. When using the mobile you have a choice of jungle sounds or 3 different classical tunes. Initially my daughter liked to go to sleep with the yellow button tune (sorry can't remember which this is off-hand) but now she's older she loves the jungle sounds. When you start the mobile off you can select the noise level (we keep it on the lowest one and it's just right) and you can have the mobile rotating or not. We always have the mobile rotating and it's great; the palm leaves sway up and down and the characters are placed in-between these. My daughter is especially drawn to the monkey character and spends many an hour baby chatting away to it.

My daughter is now 6 months old and we have used this ever since she has been in the cot and I can see that we will be using it for many months to come. As I lift her in to and out of the cot she now likes to reach out and touch the characters, she also does when she's on the cot changing table but it keeps her quiet and allows me to change her easily. I'm sure that once she can stand up in the cot then at that point I imagine we may have to stop using the mobile unit (not the music box) but we'll just have to wait and see on that one.

The remote control facility is great, I find that once I put her down at night I start the mobile off and leave the remote control unit outside the bedroom door, a typical mobile cycle lasts 10 minutes so I always check her after 10 minutes and if she's still not settled I can start the mobile off again by pointing the remote unit at the cot through a very small crack in the door (so my little one can't see me and therefore falls to sleep!!). Remember when you're installing the mobile to have the mobile unit pointing towards a place/s from which you will be using the remote control unit.

The only thing I would have liked to have seen is the facility to change the tune on the remote unit but this is really only nit picking. This would have been helpful for those times when my daughter was not settling and a change of tune may have helped.

I'd highly recommend this mobile; I've found it invaluable and my daughter loves it and from a developmental point of view it has grabbed and retained her interest.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]