5.0 out of 5 stars Handy gadget numbs the pain of dreadful smartphone battery life, 13 July 2011
This review is from: New Trent iDual 5000mAh 1A/0.5A Dual USB Ports External Battery Pack for the new iPad, iPad2, iPhone 5 4S 4 3Gs 3G, , iPod Touch all versions; Samsung Galaxy Note/Nexus/S3/S2/S; HTC Titan, Sensation, ONE S/V/X, EVO Thunderbolt, Desire; LG Optimus series; Blackberry Bold, Curve, Torch; Motorola Razr HD/MAXX & Bionic, Atrix/2; Nokia Lumia 700/800/900 and GoPro (Electronics)
I had recently started using the HTC Desire HD smartphone and was honestly shocked as to the battery life. I bought this battery pack as I was planning a work trip to the USA and as I would be out and about all day using my phone for pictures, notes and interviews I didn't want to be left short for power.

The battery works extremely well. It is capable of providing roughly 2.5 full charges of my smartphone and the handy (and powerful) 1A output charges the same very quickly. The two ports are very useful, as I also take a Nintendo 3DS travelling with me and it was handy to be able to charge them both at the same time. The unit does not seem to struggle with the drain of using both ports simultaneously. I needed an additional lead to be able to charge the 3DS, as this package does not come with the appropriate adapter, but I managed to pick one up pretty cheaply.

Also, the ability to charge the battery from mains while also connecting the unit to consumers is really handy. A word of warning though: I attempted this on my first use of the battery pack and my phone initially complained that the voltage of the charger was too low. I then removed the phone and charged the battery on its own. Since this first charge I have not seen this problem re-occur.

In terms of the product supplied I found it to be excellent. It is worth pointing out that this unit does NOT come with a mains charger. In my case my phone came with a re-usable mains-usb adapter, so I am able to charge the battery with that, but otherwise I would have had to resort to charging via a computer's USB or buying a separate USB mains adapter.

Overall I'm very satisfied with this product and it's really helped me keep my phone going when I am travelling for extended periods being mains power availability.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]