5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 19 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS Handheld Console - Aqua Blue (Console)
I shall start by saying I am 42 years old, and my Husband & Best Friend bought me this for my birthday recently. I had a DS until Feb, when I gave it to my nephew as for his birthday he was given a pink, filthy, tatty 3rd hand DS, all wrapped up and given as though bought specially, so he was upset and we swapped. I gave him my lovely turquoise ds and I got the pink useless one.
Anyway I kind of digress. Hubby and Friend decided to go in together and buy me the 3DS in Aqua.
I love it, it is so much better, I love the 3D effect and it s great to see something in 3d without needing glasses.
I remember when 3d came out and we all sat watching telly with our paper glasses free with the daily paper. We thought it was brilliant then. But this is a different level obviously.

It has a slider to alter the degree of 3d to suit. I did have headaches initially, but now I have it where it works for me and I have no problems with it. At the moment I am playing a mix of 2d and 3d games which balances it all out. 3d games are really expensive still.

I love the streetpass plaza but I am still waiting for someone, anyone to join me at my plaza. I have been carrying it round with me to count my steps, and in the hopes that someone will pass me with theirs set up to get plaza buddys.
I feel like a child with a new toy!! Aqua blue is my favourite colour as well, which is a bonus.
I absolutely love it.

Just a quick edit to say, I looked at the comments, and it was mentioned to get streetpass hits for the plaza (buddys) to take it somewhere like London. My Husband works in London from time to time, today being one of those days, he took it and I got a hit!! Yay, my Aqua Nintendo 3DS is even more perfect than before, I have had a streetpass plaza hit.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Apr 2012 13:11:38 BDT
DKL says:
Wonderful review, Dolly!

A couple of points I'd like to make:
You can get cheap 3D games if you look around. There are some good offers on E-bay if you have the patience and stamina for it, sometimes new releases (such as Rhythm Thief) are much cheaper in one store than the other and it pays to be on the look-out.

Depending on where in the UK you live it'll be easier to get streetpass hits. In a big city, like London, it is quite easy to get hits on the tube or the bus.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2012 18:17:15 BDT
Hi, thank you.
We did pick up a pre used 3D game from Asda, which my husband bought for him to play, although I have had a go. I don't usually do Ebay,, but will certainly have a look and see what is available. So Thanks for that, I had not thought of E-bay.

I am in Kent, London is an hour by train, but I have been taking in everywhere. You have given me a thought though, my Husband has to go to London fairly frequently with work, I will get him to take it with him and get some streetpass hits.

Thanks for the ideas. Much appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2012 17:18:32 BDT
Terence says:
I get streetpass hits every day from my sons 3ds.Checkout online ninty sites such as ONM,IGN etc for friend codes and up to date info.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2012 19:33:53 BDT
Thanks for that. SInce my first review, my husband has taken the ds to London and got me a hit, and I have 2 in my home town.
I have now been looking at the sites you said about for friends codes.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2012 10:54:01 BDT
DKL says:
If you're lucky with your 3DS in London you have a chance to get streetpass hits from people from other countries. So far I have hits from Ireland, Spain, Norway and Canada.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›