4.0 out of 5 stars quick and convenient, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Sterilisation Bags (Baby Product)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At the time of writing you can buy an Avent microwave steriliser ( B003P9WSVC ) for 1 penny more, it holds more and can be used many more times than the reported 100 uses of this pack. So that is something to think about when looking to buy a sterilising solution. That being said, I would recommend both Medela bags and Avent steriliser. Let me explain:

When I started sterilising bottles on baby number 1 I used a microwave dish steriliser. At first I thought it was great being able to sterilise several bottles at once. The problem comes when you open the steriliser, you can't just use 1 bottle and leave the rest in there for any length of time without having to re-sterilise. So it seemed a bit pointless to me at the time to sterilise any more bottles than I intended to use immediately after opening it.

Baby number 2 came along and I opted for both bags and dish. The bags are great if I want to sterilise a few things but not necessarily use them all at once. The microwave dish is great when I want to sterilise a few bottles and a breast pump at the same time and leave them sealed up until I am ready for them.

When I went away for a long weekend I also saved a bunch of space by using the bags, another big bonus. Additionally, If I am away for a day I can leave 2 or 3 bags ready sterilised and laid out with instructions for hubby - It is one less thing for him to fret over!

Both sterilising solutions have their pros and cons in terms of physical size, capacity, price. If you can afford it I would recommend both, use the microwave dish when you can and you won't have to buy as many bags.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Feb 2014 08:57:23 GMT
Elysia2003 says:
Fabulous post, obviously from an experienced Mum who's actually tried and tested the product/s she's reviewing. I hate it when you get a review off someone who basically says arrived safely, baby's not here yet, can't wait to use, what is the help in that?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2014 21:40:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Feb 2014 21:42:36 GMT
SBno1 says:
Thanks, glad it helped.
I would say that as the baby got older the Avent microwave steriliser became the number one choice. I got to the point whereby the baby's immunity improved and it was safe to sterilise 4 bottles, fill them with boiled water and place in the fridge for the days use. That being said, you could do the same with the Medela bags, but the microwave steriliser was just a bit easier to use.

Each has their advantages, but forced to pick one and one only, I would probably go with the Avent microwave steriliser, although even now I still use the bags.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

SBno1
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 136