ARRAY(0xaae9224c)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab fab fab fab fab fab!!!!, 1 May 2011
This review is from: Jawbone JamBox Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Black Diamond (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I first saw this product in one of the big stores of a certain computer products giant (that's a fruit that rhymes with 'Dapple') where I got to play around with it. I had been frustrated for some time that I increasingly possess digital music on my phone and various other devices but had no means to play them.

I flicked the switch on the side of the little Jambox and took about 10 seconds to sync it to my phone. After that, I streamed the music using bluetooth to the powerful little speakers. I moved all over the store and discovered that I could be over 20 feet away and my friend who was with me could still hear the music. So I came online and ordered it (although only saved a few pounds).

I am so pleased with this little box! The sound quality is very good with a good quality bass. I can understand that some other reviewers have not found it loud enough, but then you can hardly expect massive sound from something barely bigger than the average TV remote control. Personally, I am pleased enough with the sound when I want music on the go. The advantage of being completely wireless also is that I can listen to it in the bathroom with no danger of killing myself if it were to inadvertently fall into the bath!

The build quality is very high. The carrying case is smart, elegant and appropriately over-designed. My only minor gripe is that the USB adaptor that plugs into Jambox itself looks quite flimsy and perhaps easy to break; I think most people will have to be careful not to damage it if they are carrying it in their luggage as I intend to do.

One of my favourite little features of the Jambox is that when you press the round button on top of the device, it tells you how much battery it has left.

Pluses: Beautifully designed. Easy to set up. Impressively detailed sound from the two 2-watt speakers. Also great battery life.

Minuses: Definitely not loud enough if you want to throw a house party with dozens of guests. But plenty loud enough if you're having a dinner with say 8 guests and want some background music.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]