5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser PMX 60 II, 5 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Sennheiser PMX60 Open Dynamic Neckband On-Ear Headphones (latest version) (Electronics)
I had a pair of Philips headphones exactly the same style of neckband 10 years back and I used them for years and dragged these poor things everywhere. I have never ever found a replacement till now!!! I have tried every type of headphone possible neckband collapsible, in ear, in ear with hooks etc. Nothing ever fitted they just kept falling out or rolling down to my shoulders. The sound quality was never anything to rave about either! When I got the Sennheiser PMX 60 II in I was estatic I can go jogging, dancing, walking and they do not move from my ears I would never have any other make other than Sennheiser now not only is there design perfection but the sound quality is also fantastic. If you compare price, quality and design with any other company in the market they wont beat this model of headphones & trust me I have tried them all! I hope this helps all the other people who have weird ears like myself :$

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Apr 2012 00:26:17 BDT
Thank you for your review. I used to have philips headphones like this and never found a decent replacement either. Nothing else stays put in my strange ears, so completely relate to your frustration. I think these are the ones for me then!

Posted on 6 Jul 2012 19:32:33 BDT
F. James says:
Excellent review! I have weird ears also and I cannot use ear buds, I have the same pair of Phillips or something very similar. Your comparison to other products and the personal knowledge of why people seek neckband earphones makes this one of the best reviews for this product.

Consider your review reviewed. 5/5

Posted on 15 Oct 2012 13:54:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Oct 2012 14:11:57 BDT
Yasmeen, Thanks for a satisfactory review, - well enough for me to part with my money to try them out, Ive bought sennhisers about 5 years ago, and they were heavenly sounding earphones, the best I had ever heard but lost them on holidays, I bought another pair of Sennheiser HD 202's and also replacements with '2 pairs of JVC Cans' as-well, but the only reason I bought the JVC-s was they were "cheap and cheerful", (Sound fine) and if I had have lossed them at £11 pounds each, I would not have been as bothered as I would of loosing my precious Sennheiser. ( Sennheiser are for audiophile's really ) but also for the average Joe, who likes decent sound without being over powered by Bass.

They are not just superb value, they sound better, or as just as good the Dr.Dre Beats @ £233.00, (not this model above), but the (Sennheiser HD 202 Closed back) Head Phones, well I reckon in my opinion they send anyone listening them, who has ever heard the famous Dr Dre. Beat Yes, they are good quality and very well constructed, yes they sound great, lovely mid, and especially the highs and Bass too... but the Sennheiser closed back 202's, sound every bit as good if not better, only they aren't made to the same durability as Dre. Beats. Dr Dre, makes Beats in Hip Hop, an electronics firm approached him and obviously offered him a package to use his well known name big associated with Eminem, and 50 cent label mates, like is there anyone in the world who has NOT heard of the mighty (Dr.Dre from California LA.??) YES his name sells his product end off. (marketing Trick well known).

Just Like 'Kate Moss' sells Clothes, and 'Naomi Campbell' sells makeup and perfume, but none of the 2 people are involved in actually make or fabricate the products, do they..? see!

Now Please do not get me wrong I know they range from £200-£300 pounds for the Average - Dr.Dre BEATS Range, they are "very, very well made and extremely durable", but not worth the asking price.

Therefore I would always go for the HD 202's closed back cans, if at home. I use them for watching TV late at night, and also listening to music late in the evening, so I do not disturb my neighbours with my Hifi speakers. As they are elderly & always complain at nothing the younger folks would pass no remarks too. And they are well under £30.00 Quid only Try them.

A very close 2nd Place to the Sennheiser are the "Steel Series Cans" they in my meager opinion follow the same sound as Sennheiser, only a little more hard wearing and more expensive. (I use them on my PC and 360)

I own the PMX60 II for my iPod-Touch out and about outside, they are the best sounding & best value for money so far in my humble opinion. for £22 you cannot really go wrong...

Try these for use only at home: Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back On-ear Stereo Headphone
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (194 customer reviews)

Used & New from: £35.40