5.0 out of 5 stars PETS!!!, 22 Oct 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is the fifth expansion pack for The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD).

I was really looking forward to this expansion pack and I wasn't disappointed at all. Although there were some very good expansion packs before, this one really adds a completely new element to our gameplay.

The main addition of course are the pets; there are cats, dogs and even horses, which is great. Pets are created just like human Sims and can be as unique and strange as the player likes. Their appearance can be created the same way human Sims are created and they can also have personality traits. Sadly, pets unlike humans can only have up to three personality traits, and as everyone knows, pets have a lot more complex personalities than that. There are also some new personality traits for human Sims, but they are all pet related and not very inspired. The brilliant thing about this expansion is that the player can actually control the pets and have them learn things and interact with humans and other pets.

In addition to the pets, there is a new neighbourhood which is very nice, green and relaxed, but maybe just a little too American. There are new buildings including an equestrian centre and a lot of nice new items. However, unlike other expansions, there are no new careers for human Sims.

In the few hours I played, I created two cats, one dog and a horse, but I think that we can have up to six pets per household. The only downside of this expansion is that I love playing with my sim pets so much, I might begin to neglect my real pets, but real pets are a lot more demanding than these easygoing sim pets, so that is not going to happen.

The game was easy to install to my pc, and I haven't noticed any problems to my gameplay so far, but as I have only played for a few hours, time will tell.

This is a great expansion and definitely an improvement from The Sims 3 - Generations Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) which I didn't really like. I can't wait to see what the next expansion pack will be, but I keep my fingers crossed for a Sim 3 version of Seasons.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Oct 2011 15:42:33 BDT
Lisa Thomas says:
"In addition to the pets, there is a new neighbourhood which is very nice, green and relaxed, but maybe just a little too American."

The game was made in America. Sorry it is too American for you. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Oct 2011 11:52:52 BDT
Appaloosa Plains is a great looking neighbourhood, probably the best one so far in all of the games, but I agree that to a British eye it does look very American. Which is fine, as the person above has said, because it is an American game with American designers. Its just funny for us Brits to look at a 'horsey' town like that and compare it to our own stables. XD

Posted on 27 Oct 2011 15:24:57 BDT
Hi,
I also think that it is the best neighbourhood so far. Describing it as "just a little too American" was more an observation rather than an accusation and I was trying to explain that it is more of an American western kind of place, than English country style. I love the place, but I keep having this feeling that a Sim version of John Wayne will appear riding his Sim horse off to the sunset, followed by his faithful Sim dog (sorry I can't see a Sim cat in this picture!).
Thanks for the comments, I hope I was helpful.

Posted on 28 Oct 2011 20:45:21 BDT
M. Cameron says:
these comments are funny....are we saying that we would like a more British feel? All they would do is copy the set of Eastenders and throw in some Notting Hill.....hilarious to think!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2011 09:37:39 GMT
I think a British neighbourhood would be nice...but you're right, the designers would screw it up big time and put us in castles and bowler hats and all that nonsense! A nice little country village or town would be great though, as long as they do their research first...

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2011 12:44:19 GMT
Eleni says:
A lovely country village would be perfect, especially now with all these pets. I don't think that they would necessarily screw it up though; their version of a French village in "adventures" wasn't that bad.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2011 17:58:54 GMT
That's true the French town wasn't too bad. Shame I don't get to see it better because my computer's graphics card is not man enough for the job. It'll play the game, but only on the lowest settings unfortunately. :(

Maybe in the next expansion (which will hopefully be seasons) they'll consider doing something more British, but I'm not going to hold my breath. They'll probably do a small American town in the mountains somewhere to truly take advantage of the weather, but that sounds nice so I won't mind. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2012 19:38:24 GMT
rays_girl says:
I agree a Seasons type game would be good. I can't believe it is never raining now! In Sims2 for PS2 it seemed to rain most of the time. Rain makes it feel more English ;-)
Perhaps we need a patch to turn raccoons into foxes?
I do find the game often has very small-town-America-style architecture, and a more European look is desirable. I liked the Shakespearean neighbourhood in Sims2 (PC).
There might not be a new career, but you can be a professional horse rider.
Now we have horses (and unicorns!), how about playable pet rabbits? That's my next pet desire. What do you think?

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 13:46:46 GMT
Hey, this expansion pack is by far my favourite! and i haven't even bought it yet.. (I have Sims2 pets). Anyway, does this pack work in Windows 7 computers? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Feb 2012 03:18:29 GMT
Hi,
It says on the box that it works for: Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista (SP1), or Windows 7, so you shouldn't have a problem. However, as I have Windows XP, I can only confirm that it works well for XP. I hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (254 customer reviews)

£29.99 £17.65