5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
I use this printer mainly to print off photographs, and it is excellent, the print quality is so professional even at the standard settings, and it's really quick too!

You have 2 trays. In one tray, I keep it loaded with my 6x4 photo paper, and keep my other tray loaded with A4. So I can easily change between these 2 sizes just by changing my paper size in the printer settings. But essentially what you can do is, if you like printing documents and photographs... you can keep the first tray loaded with up to 7x5 photo paper, and just use the a4 tray for normal a4 printing paper.

Ink is expensive, but actually quite reasonably priced compared to some other printers I have owned in the past. You can get some very good quality compatible ones from companies such as moreinks for slightly cheaper than the genuine inks, and they have a good and trusted reputation. I've used ink catridges in the past which totaled up to £100.

The automatic duplex is very useful, especially when you are printing out a lot of pages and want to save paper and time.

I highly recommend that you set up your printer for wireless use and connect to it like this so all your other computers can access it too. When installing the driver, be careful because a lot of other things gets included which can be a bit annoying, but some people may like the software that comes with it, but personally I don't.

I really do think that Canon have done well when designing this printer. The output tray automatically pops down if it's printing so you don't forget and cause a paper jam. The paper trays are inside the printer so no more dust collecting paper. Each ink cartridge has a status light which I believe is used to tell you which one needs replacing (let's face it, 5 ink catridges and when you get to replacing it you may forget which one has run out). I can't help but think that Canon have thought of the common printing problems and have done what they can to resolve some of them which always gets a thumbs up by me.

Whatever you want to print, photographs, documents etc, this is a printer suitable for all types of printing up to A4. You really can't go wrong. To me, Canon have packed features into this low priced printer, and I just had to buy it!

I hope this review helps you to decide on purchasing it or not. But for the price, you are getting an absolute bargain with the print quality and features.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Mar 2014 08:17:34 GMT
brfa says:
A note for users regarding the 'direct to disc' CD/DVD print utility.There is an old version of the direct to disc print utility that is still available; similar to Epson cd print software for those familiar.
An English version ( File name: cdlp-win-1_4_2-en.exe ) can be downloaded from:-

I run my Canon ip7250 printer wirelessly using windows7-64bit and this software runs just fine when printing directly to full-face printable CDs & DVDs. (Windows 8: not sure if it will work or not!)
The newer software supplied with the printer may suit many users but it is just too basic for my particular requirements; it seems quite ironic but the `old' software is (for me personally) much better.

Addendum; a note for design gurus regarding CD/DVD printing.
I've downloaded the free (15 day) trial version of `SureThing Disc Labeler Gold 6' . It works perfectly running my Canon ip7250 (Win7;64bit) wirelessly. I've printed tests on several full-face printable DVD's and the results are very impressive. It is an excellent `bells & whistles' design package.
To be honest I'm not sure that even I need that level of design sophistication but I'm sure there are lots of people who would love it; it is that good.

Posted on 12 Jul 2014 20:59:19 BDT
Majorclanger says:
Hi
I've had a canon mp610 for some years it has suddenly stopped working , throwing a U502 CODE. I suggest you Google this and see over 38 pages of problems that exist on the Canon USA -Canada forum. It seems to happen to all Canon models. Good Luck with this model, lets hope they've fixed it.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2014 16:37:49 BDT
Markie says:
Hi Majorclanger,
After 6 years my wonderful MP610 gave up the ghost too. After a few days trying various things I junked it. Canon prints beautifully, but looking at the posts it seems the current range drinks ink and are not durable at all. So goodbye multi-function printers. I've decided on a Canon 9000F MII Scanner and a cheap colour printer. Thankfully, my 20+ year old Laserjet 4 still solders on.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (298 customer reviews)

£79.00 £56.99