5.0 out of 5 stars Simply perfect!, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Simple Perfection (Kindle Edition)
Simple Perfection by Abbi Glines

4.5 stars!!

"She is my perfection. She holds my heart in her hands. When she hurts it brings me to my knees."

I love an Abbi Glines book, you know what you are going to get and you know that it is going to be good and as usual Abbi Glines delivers with Simple Perfection.

Woods, he is the epitome of a perfect gentleman and when he loves, he loves fierce! This comes through Abbi's writing crystal clear, there is nothing that Woods wouldn't do for Della. Woods was in a bad place at the end of Twisted Perfection as his father had just died. In Simple Perfection, he is dealing with the aftermath of his fathers death, his mothers unreasonable behaviour and his vile ex all while trying to keep the club running smoothly and while putting his own stamp on it. Despite everything that he is dealing with he still puts Della first, before everything. I must admit, sometimes he did come across as a bit "too much", I was worried that this may cause Della to panic, but she seemed to be handling it all in her stride.

"You're my all-in, Della. I'll throw it all away for you. I just want you. I'm all in, baby. This life with you, I'm planning on us."

Della, god I could have strangled her at times but she did grow in this book. She has a lot of internal demons to battle and she does struggle at times. She cannot really get a grip on the fact that Woods is unconditionally in love with her warts and all, she feels that she has become a burden to him, especially now that he is so busy and he is constantly looking out for her. I think that what she fails to realise at times is that they both need each other, they are good for each other and they are in fact soul mates. Will Woods manage to persuade her otherwise??

"That girl in the photo was scared. Of her past and her future. She was scared to love you. That's not me. I'm not scared anymore. My past is what made me who I am. My future...as long as I get to spend it with you, then I can't wait to live it. I'm going to be okay, Woods. I'm not going to...snap. I have a lot to tell you."

There are a lot of surprises in this book and Abbi Glines "did go there" in this book. I was really surprised when that happened and I can see why she has done it but it didn't make it any easier to read about. This event not only affected Della and Woods but the whole gang and it will be interesting to see where this goes in the future.

Della does learn a lot about her past in this book and what she does find out makes her future all the more rosy, perhaps these new snippets of information will give her the courage needed to get on with her life, rather than dwell on the possibilities that could have emanated from her past.

"Heaven. This is my heaven. All I effing need to breathe," he said as he shifted his hips, moving in and out of me.

Overall, this was a great read. I loved Simple Perfection and cannot wait to see where this series is going. Even though this one made me laugh and cry, I want to see their relationship develop even further, especially now that Della is more confident in herself and with the changes that Woods has made to his life, life for them can only get better.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]