5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm for less than half the price, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Universal 3D Active Glasses Works With Toshiba, Samsung, Sony Sharp, Mitsubishi, Panasonic TV (Electronics)
I bought these to go with my Toshiba 40TL868 - they work like a charm and cost less than half the price of the Toshiba specs. They sometimes lose sync with the TV if I sit too far away (more than ~3 meters), but I expect the same would happen with all 3D specs. Battery life seems good so far, and they aren't too heavy or uncomfortable to wear.

I'd recommend you try to find out if your TV uses infra-red to sync with 3D glasses rather than bluetooth to avoid disappointment - it wasn't easy to find out for my TV, but I noticed a hint in the 'Troubleshooting 3D' section of the manual that mentioned making sure nothing was blocking the IR receiver.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Mar 2012 19:42:30 GMT
B. Blackham says:
hi Scott
I followed your advice and ordered four pairs of the 3D glasses but can't seem to make them charge up. Any ideas as our computer doesn't seem to recognise them.

Posted on 1 Jan 2013 21:38:14 GMT
i bought these for the same tv but cant seem to get them to work properly?? could it be that they're too big for my kids??

Posted on 13 Mar 2013 17:57:24 GMT
A Razzaq says:
Hi, i've just bought some of these. I'm having trouble connecting them with my toshiba 40tl868, could you help me? how did you connect yours?

thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2013 19:33:23 GMT
B. Blackham says:
hi just follow the instructions but we found that you had to be very close to the TV to pick up a signal and if you move too far away, the signal drops out. Good luck. You also need to be directly in front of the TV and not to the side.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2013 15:55:53 BDT
Scott says:
I was a little puzzled the first time I tried to connect these to my TV too - I had to be quite close, and I absolutely had to point them at the TV as if I was watching it (I think the sensor on the glasses is on the bridge between the lenses, and the TV's sensor is next to the power LED).

After the first time I connected them, I have to say I've had no problems getting them to connect again. You do have to be looking at the TV (the same would be true of Toshiba's own glasses, I'm sure).

I sit around 2.5 meters away directly in front of my TV and they work well. I have used them my sofa at around a 45 degree angle and they worked fine there too (although I don't sit there often). When I leave the room, I'd say they stop working at 3-4 meters from the TV.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2013 15:58:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Apr 2013 15:59:28 BDT
Scott says:
Sorry J. Blackham, I just saw your post. Did you ever get them to work properly? One thing I'd say is that they aren't great in daylight (the same is probably true for all active shutter glasses - I can see a constant flicker on the wall behind my TV and it's very annoying!).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›