5.0 out of 5 stars A review for the novices out there, 11 May 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3) (Video Game)
being a PS3 new-comer and a complete Call of Duty virgin I thought i'd leave a review and recommendation to all those folks out there who are in a similar position to me.

I have only have my PS3 for a couple of weeks now and (being older and wiser!!) have been reading reviews of games before rushing out and wasting money on them. i was attracted to COD4 mainly because of all the hype that surrounds it (Chris Moyles from Radio 1 and the likes).

As I'd never previously played ANY online console games, I was very dubious about this and really wanted to buy the game for the single player experience.

It took me only about 4 or 5 sittings to complete the game (on easy level) so I decided to see what the fuss was about playing 'online'.

What can I say - I'm addicted already!!!! even though i'm still completely rubbish and spend most of my time being shot or stabbed in a variety of fatal ways I love it. The game is simply brilliant. I wouldn't even attempt to suggest I know that much about PS3 or the other games on the market, so wouldn't like to compare this with anything else out there, so i'll just comment on what I know.

It takes a little while to get used to the controls (bearing in mind i've not played this style game recently). and its the mastering of these controls that is the key to mastering the game. The speed at which you react to your surroundings is completely down to how quickly you can make your fingers do what you want them to. Practice, I think, will make things so much better.

But even so, playing against guys who have obviously been playing for months and months on end isn't a bad thing. you can still enjoy yourself and get completely immersed in the superb graphics and atmosphere of the game. Without any shadow of a doubt, if your considering buying a PS3, or already have on - buy this. Don't be affraid of the hype, don't be affraid your going to get frustrated, don't hold back. This is SO much fun - i'll see you down the scope of my sniper rifle soon.

[Add comment]