5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 21 Oct 2007
Having changed jobs and been given a laptop I found my old ergonomic mouse would not plug into the laptop! I quickly started to to get pain back again in my hand/arm and neck and was desperate for a solution. I read up on the subject and decide to buy this mouse as one of 3 to try (an expensive way to do things but as I couldn't find any to try in the shops and I was in pain, I wanted a quick solution). For info I use a MAC at home and a windows PC at work.

This is a very good looking mouse with a fantastic tactile non-slip rubberised mouse surface (which is a pleasure to hold and seems to aid grip). It requires you to hold your hand almost at right angles to the desk, like shaking hands. This stops you having to twist your arm round to hold your hand palm face down (which is what you have to do with a normal mouse). I plugged it straight into my MAC at home and it worked first time and was EXTREMELY comfortable. At work on my windows laptop it did not seem to work properly (the cursor would not move around the screen properly and was very slow and jerky) which I felt was perhaps down to me not downloading the software required. I didn't do this download the software because it was my mouse and I would have to explain to our IT dept why I wasn't using standard issue Company equipment!

More expensive than the Speed-link ergonomic mouse, which I also bought and is very similar, its design and feel is definitely more upmarket. It feels good to use and and works perfectly on my MAC (I've had it a couple weeks now). Best of all my pain has now gone. I recommend this product to anyone with a MAC and I'm sure with a bit more perseverance than I showed it would probably work just as well on a PC. NB because of its design it is taller than your average mouse (around 7.5cms). I only mention this as if you to use a slide out draw to position your mouse and keyboard you may not be able to close it with this mouse in it - I can't but that hasn't really bothered me at all, I'm too happy with it.

For info I also ordered the 3M Ergonomic mouse and did not get on well with it at all. Even just by holding it for a while just to get the feel of it (before trying to plug it in) my arm/shoulder/neck started hurting. I did not pursue trying to use it the other 2 mice I ordered felt so much better.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Oct 2010 13:36:48 BDT
Lee Bee says:
This mouse made an amazing difference to me straight away. My office bought one for me as I was getting temndonitis/RSI pains using a traditional face down mouse. My pain stopped as soon as I started using it. You do need to download the management software though, otherwise you cannot program the 5 buttons or any other functions - once you do, it's great. Downside - I have to buy one for home now - quite expensive but your hands are priceless!!
Lisa, London

Posted on 24 Nov 2011 11:16:10 GMT
Annette says:
There shoudn't have been any problem with you adding extra software to the company computer if it was for an ergonomic mouse. Employers have a legal duty of care towards their employees. So they can't force staff to use standard equipment if it will cause injury. In the case of an employee with RSI, that means taking reasonable steps to alleviate their problem - in your case, allowing you to add the appropriate drivers.

I also have RSI and have been allowed to add some software to company computers that clicks the mouse for me. They also bought me a graphics tablet, because that was easier for me to use than a mouse.

I know this review is several years old, but I wanted to make this point anyway. Staff suffering from RSI are entitled to appropriate support from their employer.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›