4.0 out of 5 stars A great cheaper alternative to the iPad, 2 Aug 2012
This review is from: Arnova 10G3 10.1 inch tablet (1GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB memory, capacitive touch screen, 1080p HD video playback, expandable memory, Android 4.0) (Personal Computers)
I'd been considering buying a tablet for a while - I use a laptop on a nightly basis but figured it would be good to get something that was easy to carry round and that gave me access to things like Facebook and Email with little hassle.

Initially my thoughts immediately went to iPad - however the more I thought about it I couldn't really justify the price tag given that I had a laptop that I could still use - if anything getting a tablet wasn't a necessity.
Then I came across the Arnova 10G3 - it was cheap - and despite reading some less than flattering reviews I parted with 125 (A special offer price)

Loading it up was easy - I am anything but computer minded but the set up literally runs itself.

Connecting to the internet was simple - the tablet searched - found my network and then I was away.

Browsing the internet was easy - I was able to visit my regular sites however a word of warning - the keyboard takes some getting used to - it can be frustrating hitting the touch screen something I have never had issues with before on other touch screen items - but after a while you get used to it.

I had a play around the various apps that had downloaded and was fairly happy.

The battery was doing ok - all was well - however logging onto the `app store' my views soon changed - basically it wasn't very good.

After reading about the firmware I downloaded it and this changed my whole perception - the apps for youtube, facebook, twitter etc all downloaded like a dream - and its turn what was a standard good price tablet into a slick little machine at a fraction of the price of an iPad.

So to review -

Pros
* Cheap
* Ideal for use on things like checking hotmail and facebook
* Video is clear and quick
* Built in camera not the best but would work as a webcam
* Downloading the firmware thing turns it into a much better machine in terms of apps.

Cons
* Keypad not the best
* Can stick from time to time.

In summary you get a nice tablet - easy to use - for a great price.

Don't expect miracles but for the price this is fantastic - you won't be writing essays on it but for a quick log on to check the internet or facebook this will do the business!

[Add comment]