5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Ending!, 26 July 2012
This review is from: 13: Number 13 in series (Otherworld) (Hardcover)
I'm a huge fan of this series. This has been the series I've grown with. I've been reading them for about four years now. This has been the series that will always stand out in my mind. I think most readers will have that one series that pulled them into the world of reading and to me this is it. The Women of the Otherworld series introduced me to the world of all things paranormal. This series has had such an impact on me personally, and I will never forget it. Why am I telling you this? I want you to understand how much the ending of this journey means to me. I love these characters and I've watched them grow and become unique individuals. This is the world I want to step into to. But with 13, that journey comes to an end.

Yes, I'm upset that my all time favourite series is over but then again I'm not. Kelley Armstrong has brilliantly tied everything up from the series. We see all the characters returning and we find out what the future holds for them. it couldn't have been done better. The series finished on a high and this will make all readers come back again and again. We see the series wrapped up perfectly, every characters gets their ending and I couldn't be happier for them. Yes they are tried and tested throughout the book but that's what it's like to be a supernatural, nothing is easy or normal. It never will be. We've come to the end of the journey and that has left me very emotional. No other series has made me feel this way. This book in one word was perfect.

13 is a very good and strong book. It's one of the best in the series, and you can easily tell. Right from the start the reader is hauled into the middle of the action. This book is full of action, it's the war of the Otherworld after all isn't it? We see characters returning and combining forces to combat the bad guys. I loved how all the different supernatural races came together to save their world. It was brilliant.

I don't want to give too much of the story away as this is book 13. If you haven't read the series, I really recommend it. It will always remain my favourite.

13 joins the Otherworld when a mysterious group of supernaturals are hell bent on revealing their secrets to the rest of the world. In the middle of it all are our favourite characters. Each are drawn in and tangled into the groups plot to reveal the truth of supernaturals. We see Savannah and her friends coming together to find out how to stop this group before things change their world forever. What makes it worse is the leader of this group has created a deadly virus which can turn normal humans into terrifying monsters. As the Otherworld splits into two sides, Savannah and her friends have to put a stop to this before it's too late.

The characters in the Women of the Otherworld are so real and fleshed out. They are the best characters I have ever read about. Each main character is unique and there are a lot of them. Even so Armstrong creates memorable characters that leave a big impression on the reader. We have Savannah the fiery witch. She's brilliant, I've grown with her since we met her in book two. I love watching her grow and learn throughout the series, its a brilliant reflection of real life and what all of us go through. Minus the magic powers. We have Elena and the werewolves. I will always love them. It started with Elena in Bitten and even now she's my favourite. We have so many other important characters I can't list them all but they are all great. Well the good guys anyway! Even the bad guys were creepily real. Oh and the Demons, we got a better look at them in 13 and they were incredible. I won't say more as I don't want to spoil it.

I loved 13, it's that simple. It's a brilliant book that keeps the reader engrossed from start until finish. I didn't want it to end but it had too. The twists and turns were great too, some made me grip the pages harder others made me gasp. I didn't see any coming. Oh, I'm going to really miss this series. I feel like I'm saying goodbye to an old friend and it's heartbreaking. This will forever remain my favourite series, the impact it's had on me as a reader is phenomenal. This book was a brilliant end to the series and it couldn't have been better. The Women Of the Otherworld truly went out with a bang. 13 is the perfect ending to a brilliant series.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]