7 of 8 people found the following review helpful
A Great Performing Keyboard,
This review is from: Corsair CH-900004-UK Vengeance K60 Performance FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)I purchased this keyboard to replace a cheap standard keyboard that had absolutely no thrills whatsoever and what a step up it is. Being an avid gamer and playing a lot of FPS titles I decided it was about time to use a keyboard built for the job. The Corsair K60 performs extremely well in all the latest FPS titles and reacts instantly to any key I press and I have definitely noticed the difference compared to my old £10 keyboard, this is obviously due to it using mechanical keys. The keys barely need to be pressed and this helps considerably with movement and reaction times in game.
I really appreciate the features it comes with such as the attachable wrist rest which fits my hand perfectly and provides a good level of comfort much better than just resting it on the desk. The red angled keys which are stored inside the wrist rest are actually a lot more useful than I first thought (I originally felt they would have little difference when gaming). The colour makes them stand out a lot easier and helps locate each key much quicker using peripheral vision and the fact they are angled makes them easier to press. The media keys are a great asset and simply speed things up when it comes to playing music and volume control. Also, the Windows key lock button is a great feature that stops me mistakenly pressing the Windows key during game and having the entire game minimize, which isn't a good thing when playing shooter games!
1. Solid build, really sturdy
2. Mechanical keys allow for faster reactions
3. Wrist support which is great for long gaming sessions
4. Coloured keys (note: not all keys are coloured simply W,A,S,D and 1-6)
5. Media keys, volume scroll wheel and Windows lock button
1. Not all the keys are mechanical, ESC all the way through to Pause Break use normal style keys which doesn't bother me but does seem to be cost cutting by Corsair
2. Although great for gaming this isn't a keyboard that is desirable for long periods of typing. Due to it being mechanical it does make a clicking noise and not quiet like a laptop keyboard for example.
Overall, this is a fantastic keyboard for FPS gaming and I don't regret buying it one bit. It has increased my performance when gaming and also looks great on the desk. My only regret is not getting one sooner.