4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Claim Me (Stark Trilogy 2) (Paperback)
The highly anticipated follow-up to Rescue Me is here, and boy does it deliver.....

The first third of the book is steady giving us a bit of a reminder of things that occurred in Rescue me, while exploring the intense and all-consuming relationship that is developing between Nikki and Damien, it also offers a few hints of things that are too come.

As with all the books that have been released in the wake of the FSOG phenomenon there are similarities between this and other books I have read in this category. However, that can be said for books of all genres, and when you read enough of a certain dynamic you are going to spot similarities with more frequency. This is and has never been a problem to me if the writing is good and I am pulled in by the characters and the plot.

I like the dynamic between Nikki and Damien as a couple, both are strong in character, but they both have insecurities and are still battling personal demons, some are confirmed in Claim Me, as well as new ones being thrown into the mix.

For me the book really kicks off around Chapter 10 a small snippet below to highlight why -

The wish is so fervent, in fact, that my imagination conjures the man. His tall form, cutting through the crowd. His mouth is a hard line, his face expressionless, his eyes like a storm at sea. All eyes turn towards him, drawn by the pull of Damien Stark.

My hands were sweaty, and my glasses were steamed up after reading that, I mean who doesn't want a guy like that *sigh*.......

It is then an all-out smack you round the face thrill ride, twists and turns, shocks, thrills and a few spills, sex, shopping, sex, popcorn and movies, more sex and of course some major revelations......

Not everything but enough to feel that I know more at the end than I did at the start, and although Ms Kenner has left us with as expected a cliff hanger, it is one I can live with. Things have moved on and new question marks float in the ether, of which I hope are all answered in Complete Me.

The passage below describes pretty well how I felt at the end of this book -

Bound to him. Marked by him. Claimed by him.

Damien Stark is a man you won't forget in a rush. Hurry up July 30th all I need now is for him to Complete me ;-)

I was supplied with an ARC copy of this novel by Netgalley, and have provided an honest review as a thank you for the privilege.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]