5.0 out of 5 stars The Secret to my Success! (Robin Slam-dunks with this Book!), 29 Jan 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Non-designer's Design Book: Design and Typographic Principles for the Visual Novice (Paperback)
First and foremost, thanks to the author. I am a computer consultant and this book allowed me to complete several websites using the design principles within.
I also am preparing to purchase her new book "The Non-Designer's Web Book : An Easy Guide to Creating, Designing, and Posting Your Own Web Site" without hesistation.
The design of the book assists in illustrating the principles described within, the author presents the information in a logical well thought out fashion.
I would recommend (and have) this book to engineers and other technical individuals who are faced with the need to produce web sites and other design oriented projects.
I like many others have the technical expertise to produce HTML, cgi, perl and java - I just needed someone to help bring my site ideas and design principals into focus.
I guess it's like having a professional designer on call, except you can't beat her rates. If you are looking for a great book on typography along with some basic design information then this book is for you.
I've had more success with this book than with any of my other $50 - $70 manuals describing website design.
I could go on but I think you get the general idea. This is a good investment.
Feel free to email me if you find anything half as good! tcarter@sphericalthinking.net

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]