30 of 43 people found the following review helpful
In light of other comments in the reviews here I would like to clarify that I purchased my phone at the Apple Store, my review is about me experience with the make and model of phone listed here. If you want to read the review of someone buying from Amazon look for Amazon verified purchase in the first couple of lines.
Now onto my experiences with this phone...
I have upgraded from an iphone 4 and so this is my first experience with apples new longer phone.
First things first, this is apple and so the phone is beautifully presented and packaged.
It takes a nano sim card and so I had to ask my provider for a new sim card, which was no problem, and was provided free of charge.
The phone, as with most apple products arrived fully charged and was a breeze to set up, all my data, contacts etc were pulled in from icloud and in a short period of time I was good to go.
So, why was this worth the upgrade?
1. The larger screen is clearer to read (I have just started to wear glasses to read)
2. The finger print recognition is perfect, holding the phone in my left hand, I can use it one handed, ie, turn on, press thumb on home screen button and I am in. Before I needed my right hand to enter the 4 digit unlock code, which meanth putting things down etc etc
3. The phone is a lot faster the increased processor power is very noticeable
4. The new camera is awesome, it is a big improvement on the 4. The panoramic feature is excellent as the image quality with the new larger pixel sensor is a great improvement
5. The flash with the two lights, to make images warmer works.
6. The battery life is improved, but that may just be because it is a new phone
7. I like using my thumb to verify itunes ipurchases
So what are the gripes
1. I liked the glass back of the old phone 30 months and not a mark, the new back looks like it will not wear nearly as well
2. The new longer phone does not fit my case, and so I had to buy a new one of those as well.
3. The screen still shows up finger prints
At the end of the day, it is not a giant leap forward, but it is a big step forward and one that I am delighted with.
I love this more sophisticated phone.