1.0 out of 5 stars I miss my old HP, 20 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Acer Aspire 5750 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-2330M Processor, RAM 8GB, HDD 500GB, DVD-Super Multi DL Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) (Personal Computers)
I bought a brand new HP a year ago in a shop and just before Christmas it developed a fault and I was offered a replacement. After a bit of research and comparing the specs I thought this Acer was the best deal I could get for the price. It is indeed faster than my old HP and has more space.
I have now had it for over two months and am getting so annoyed by its quirks that I am desperately missing my old laptop.
For one, as others have mentioned, the power switch is in a really awkward spot so that it turns itself off if I get too close to a cushion on the sofa or accidentally touch it when trying to pick it up. The slightly askew keyboard also takes some getting used to, and some of the keys are smaller than others. The single most annoying thing about this computer though is the fact that the disc drive on the right hand side opens up at the lightest touch, or even when I just place the laptop onto the table. Once it is pressed in, it opens up again, and again. Drives me absolutely nuts. The battery life is shockingly short in comparison to any other laptop I have owned, even when I am not using it at full capacity.
I am not going to comment on the technicalities as those have been well covered by other reviewers.
all in all, even though the specifications for this machine are great in comparison to other brands, the design faults make me wish I had a slower but sturdier machine and could go back to my old HP.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Jan 2012 13:19:39 GMT
J. Rychetnik says:
Your disk drive compartment should not keep opening like that. Mine doesn't. It must be a technical fault. It might need repairing or replacing unfortunately.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2012 13:19:52 GMT
Greg says:
I agree that it is faulty - mine doesn't do it. Personally I wouldn't want to go back to your HP which only lasted a year!

Posted on 16 Feb 2012 14:05:35 GMT
SoLo says:
Well, I returned it to the store and it was being repaired for ten days. I picked it up yesterday and the dvd drive still opens up all the time and it turns itself off randomly. I simply believe it to be a bad quality product. This has turned me off Acer for life.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›