4.0 out of 5 stars Good MB but be careful when changing things., 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Gigabyte SKT-AM3 78LMT-USB3 Motherboard (Personal Computers)
Good points:
I've had this mobo in my basic multi media build with an athalon and 8bg of ram for a while now and has worked flawlessly even when I overclocked my CPU everything worked fine it was easy to install aswell which is a bonus, I always use the 4 usb 3.0 ports which are a bonus on such a budget motherboard they have never gone wrong on me once and have always worked flawlessly/whilst the pc is off, The computer has 6 SATA 2 ports so you can run loads of HDD's from this motherboard with no problems, I like the fact that the computer has 4 slots for ram and is capable of housing 32gb of ram this is good for someone who's computer is under a lot of stress at all times and needs that performance boost, There are few budget motherboards like this that support 32Gb of ram so that is a massive bonus. I would like to now talk about the motherboards slot for CPU's this MOBO has the latest technology as far as AM motherboards are concerned, It is an AM3+ motherboard which means it supports nearly all of AMD's FX/Athalon series processors this is a massive bonus for a board that is so cheap and this could sway you to buy this board compared to something else.
Lets talk about the on board graphics this card comes with a VERY basic AMD 760G chipset which is the same as an AMD radeon 3000 this graphics card is perfect for a user that doesn't need/plan on playing games at all and just uses the computer as a multimedia device that's what I did. There is one full size PCI Express slot so if you do think you need to play games on your computer and are relying on just the built in GPU I would definitely recommend that you purchase a graphics card and slot it in on the PCI express slot.
There's only one more thing to write about and that's the power, This board requires very little power to run and does so effectively.

Complaints about the MOBO.
There's only one issue I found with this mother board and that is that the board itself doesn't have a single slot for SATA 3 drives for say an SSD which I would have liked.
That's the only complaint I have and that is as to be expected when you buy a budget board with so many other features.
Any problems I've had.
I've only had one problem with this board which was my own fault anyway, and that is when I was unplugging something from the board I shorted out the motherboard with a cable that still had power running through it because the PSU was switched on.

Any advise I can give.
Whatever you do keep the instruction manual that comes with the board as it has a lot of useful info such as, the complete board manifold and where everything plugs in, A complete universal instruction on how to fit and secure your mother board to your case as well as how to hook all the power connectors up.
Please before you try and do any work on the motherboard itself do read the manual as like I said above it has some really important info and also it has all the necessary precautions you should take before touching the motherboard to risk shorting the board out with static etc.

Final verdict about the motherboard.
As you can tell by the first paragraph this mother board does come with a lot of features look above for a breif view of them all, And for a £50 budget this motherboard comes with nearly all of the features you can expect from an am3+ motherboard I would have to give this motherboard a 4/5 rating not a 5/5 for the pure reason that I would like to see SATA 3 to run my SSD from if they release a new board with that in this price range I will give that 5/5 I think you could even decrease something else say the ram to only holding 16GB for the sake of adding SATA 3 to the board.

I am sorry that this review is just a wall of text but I do hope that this review has made your decision on buying this board easy.

[Add comment]