ARRAY(0xb5943660)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best grinder out there, 3 July 2007
This review is from: Krups Twin Blade Coffee Mill (Kitchen & Home)
I really hope Krups continue this model for a very long time. Its perfect for every day use. We use it to grind 2 cups of coffee 2 x a day. It does it perfectly each time, going all the way to a fine grind. Emptying the result into the machine is simply a matter of shaking and taking off the lid.

Without a doubt the best grinder I've seen.

Krups - keep it going!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Sep 2011 18:32:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Sep 2011 18:47:08 BDT
Sascha says:
This grinder is also easily the best value flax/linseed grinder for the UK market I've seen - believe me: I did extensive research on here, Amazon US, Youtube, various coffee and cooking websites, and several high street stores over a period of time: M&S, John Lewis, Tesco's, Lakeland, Sainsbury's, Pound Store and others.

There are in fact *manual* grinders from *budget* UK retailers that retail for more than this mill! Manual grinders also seem to be more prone to breaking (I broke two from high street retailers which I was thankfully able to return) and are very time inefficient.

With my mill, I grind about 45g/3 tablespoons-ish/third of the mill volume of linseed (Tesco's Wholefood Brown Linseed for me) in 10s flat and then pop the powder into a sealed plastic container into the fridge. This will last at least 6 days to sprinkle on my morning oats. I then spend another 60s cleaning the grinder with a damp paper towel ready to use again in a week's time. Note, as per instructions and other posts, DO NOT IMMERSE the mill in water!

I imagine its also makes a pretty good spice grinder too, though I haven't tried and you should note it does not have variable fineness settings which may be an issue for a general spice grinder.

I have no idea about it as a coffee grinder, since I don't drink coffee (makes me hyper). But from the above research I mentioned, it seems American coffee drinkers prefer up-market burr grinders rather than blade grinders. But given the price of this mill compared to a good coffee-specific burr grinder, it wouldn't cost the earth to try this one first - you knever know it could be perfect for you!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (409 customer reviews)

19.99